PDA

View Full Version : Aquaforrest products.

ReganY
03-02-2017, 03:51 PM
I've been using aquavitro salinaty and I am considering switching over to aquaforrest probiotic reef salt and their dosing regimen. Had anyone on here used it yet and what are your opinions on it?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Ryanerickson
03-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Lots of info already here if you use the search option on this page.😉

ReefMadness
03-02-2017, 08:05 PM
i use aquaforrest's balling method with their component 1+2+3+ and i use their probiotic reef salt now exclusively.
so far everything looks better to me than when i was using tropic marin 2-part and H2Ocean salt. the colors are all better across the board as well.
in reality, the only adjustments i had to make by switching over to aquaforrest is i find i am dosing considerably less... i'm talking from 100mL/day down to 20mL/day which is a good thing but had i not tested my water regularly would have eventually had issues. the change in demands may be because of the probiotic salt when compared to the H2Ocean as it's seemingly stronger but my system sure needs less of it.

DKoKoMan
03-02-2017, 08:10 PM
I was under the impression that you would need to dose more to maintain the higher levels when using AF. If this isn't the case I may reconsider switching from RC :smile:

ReefMadness
03-03-2017, 01:14 AM
I was under the impression that you would need to dose more to maintain the higher levels when using AF. If this isn't the case I may reconsider switching from RC :smile:
not the case for me so far but i wouldn't pass judgement on a single review. also, i've replaced my digital scale since and i worry that the values may be different the next time.
no question that everything looks noticeably better in my system though.

crimper
03-03-2017, 01:41 AM
not the case for me so far but i wouldn't pass judgement on a single review. also, i've replaced my digital scale since and i worry that the values may be different the next time.
no question that everything looks noticeably better in my system though.

Are you sure you're using Component 1+2+3+. Why do you need a scale? 1+2+3+ is a liquid balling supplement. My frag tank is only 27G and I'm dosing 50ml per day with only few colonies in it.

ReefMadness
03-03-2017, 01:47 AM
Are you sure you're using Component 1+2+3+. Why do you need a scale? 1+2+3+ is a liquid balling supplement. My frag tank is only 27G and I'm dosing 50ml per day with only few colonies in it.
with aquaforrest you are able to buy the component 1+2+3+ in liquid form but you're also able to combine their dry calcium/mag, kH and trace elements along with a product they make called component strong to create their component 1+2+3+ at home.

DKoKoMan
03-03-2017, 04:34 AM
Following... I'm sure more people will chime in.

crimper
03-03-2017, 05:07 AM
with aquaforrest you are able to buy the component 1+2+3+ in liquid form but you're also able to combine their dry calcium/mag, kH and trace elements along with a product they make called component strong to create their component 1+2+3+ at home.

That's the powder chemicals for Balling. Component 1+2+3+ is the AF liquid Balling supplement which is a dilluted version. No wonder you are using less.

Wheelman76
03-03-2017, 06:05 AM
That's the powder chemicals for Balling. Component 1+2+3+ is the AF liquid Balling supplement which is a dilluted version. No wonder you are using less.

You can buy component 123 in 5 litre premixed jugs , or you can make your own using component strong , Reef mineral salts , KH Buffer , calcium and magnesium. It's exactly the same strength and same product as the 5 litre pre mixed jugs.

crimper
03-03-2017, 03:06 PM
You can buy component 123 in 5 litre premixed jugs , or you can make your own using component strong , Reef mineral salts , KH Buffer , calcium and magnesium. It's exactly the same strength and same product as the 5 litre pre mixed jugs.

I totally understand that Jess, my point is he used the term "Component 1+2+3+" which is an AF "product" name for the AF liquid balling supplement. :p

:biggrin:

DKoKoMan
03-03-2017, 03:11 PM
This is sounding like a lot of research for me on the AF.

lyall12
03-03-2017, 03:24 PM
This is sounding like a lot of research for me on the AF.

There's an active Facebook group that is worth joining. They're pretty open on all comments (positive and negative) which is nice to see. Title is "aquaforest group"

DKoKoMan
03-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Thanks! I will take a look.