PDA

View Full Version : I can hardly believe it

chwkreefer
11-25-2004, 07:33 PM
This morning I noticed a problem with my return water not cycling through my sump system properly. (turns out I had put in some filter floss in my sump that compacted and really restricted water flow) But I didn't notice that right away as I generally don't put any filter material in my sump. So I pretty much went straight to my overflow (which is built into my reef tank) I figured one of the standpipes might be clogged. So I take off some of the durso standpipe fittings.

While squeezing my head over the tank to look down the pipes I notice in the corner of my overflow swimming around is my cleaner wrasse :eek: who has been missing for well over 6 months. I bet it was last spring since I last saw that guy.

Well it took a long time to get that fish out of there, but he has now traded his 2 gallon overflow for a 150 gallon tank. Welcome back bud!! :biggrin:

rodsboys
11-25-2004, 07:38 PM
LOL.Nice.

danny zubot
11-25-2004, 08:00 PM
I wonder if he liked it in there? The most I ever found in my over flow were snails and the occasional nudi. :smile:

Richer
11-25-2004, 09:15 PM
Awesome :mrgreen:

Everytime I'm missing a fish, the first place I check is my overflow... then my sump. I have one particular clown who loves to go overflow/sump surfing at least once a month.

-Richer

danny zubot
11-25-2004, 09:27 PM
I have one particular clown who loves to go overflow/sump surfing at least once a month.

Wouldn't it be fun to be a fish? :mrgreen: