PDA

View Full Version : Bashsea twisted skimmer

robbie
02-21-2017, 04:21 AM
Hello all I just purchased a bashsea twisted skimmer 6-24 and was compelled to sign up and post. This thing is a great piece of equipment. My last skimmer was an omega 150 (which is a good skimmer as well) but it is nowhere near as good as this bashsea product. I paired it with a sicce syncra 5.0. It is quieter than my omega was and it can be internal or external (I mounted mine externally). After less than 2 days it was pulling huge amounts of skimmate with a large foam head. Between its build quality and function its awesome. One thing I should mention though is the drain fitting on the collection cup cant be plugged (its not optional), it is needed for air, so you will have to use a vented collection cup of some sort. Bashsea makes one but I made my own with an old phosban reactor I had laying around and a pump stopper kit from aquahub. Anyways there isnt a lot of information on these things so I thought I would post a review.

Thanks
Happy reefing

mseepman
02-21-2017, 02:18 PM
Very cool! I've seen these at MACNA before and they looked like a company with some very different ideas.

hondas3000
02-21-2017, 04:34 PM
I never heard of it names before but it sure looks good when I google it. Where did you get your from?

whatcaneyedo
02-21-2017, 05:50 PM
Are they affiliated with Precision Marine? The design looks like a slightly upgraded Bullet now with a bubble plate and that helical chamber below the injector.

robbie
02-22-2017, 01:21 AM
I never heard of it names before but it sure looks good when I google it. Where did you get your from?
You know I just when online and bought it. To be honest its tough to find in Canada. It took a while to get to me. Once I made the choice to get it I have been totally surprised and happy. The unusual thing is there isn't much info on these skimmers. Theres lots of photos and lots of people who have "seen" them but no real reviews. That's why I posted, this is well worth it

robbie
02-22-2017, 01:23 AM
They are not affiliated with precision marine. Bashsea has been making custom tanks for years and have entered the commercial market a few years back now but aren't mainstream like vertex and so on as far as I know but I do have limited knowledge of that

robbie
09-18-2017, 12:41 AM
Alright well its been a few months now since I started using my bashsea skimmer. All I can say is this skimmer is a total machine. My original post was after 2 days of using it and it seems to have gotten better and better as time goes on. My only problem (and its a good one) is it pulls so much skimate I have to remove the collection cup and clean the Crap out of it on a very regular basis. It still has been quiet and my home made remote collection cup with the use of the aqua hub pump stopper kit has worked very well. Not only does it stop the skimmer if I get lazy and it fills but a quick shake of the cup shuts the skimmer down so I can easily work on the skimmer. Then a quick push of a button and its up and running again. Anyways cheers and good luck everyone