PDA

View Full Version : BIT OF A PROBLEM

Corey
11-25-2004, 03:13 AM
I was in my tank fragging a mushroom with a razor, I dropped the razor in the tank and after two hours of ripping my tank apart I cant find it. how big of a problem is this? has anyone ever done this?

Aquattro
11-25-2004, 03:19 AM
I'd say not a huge problem. Maybe get a magent to try to recover it, but rust isn't a huge issue, according to Randy Holmes Farley.

Pegasus
11-25-2004, 03:25 AM
Corey

I don't know what size of tank you have and therefore cannot offer a guess as to what effects a rusting razor blade will have. However, the only thing I can recommend is that you continue looking for it and if you still cannot find it, perhaps running some carbon will help. Personnaly, I use scissors.

Larry

dirtyreefer
11-25-2004, 03:37 AM
I would agree with Brad, use a magnet. You don't wanna be diggin around in substrate and slicing your hand, especially with the toxins from your corals and mushrooms in there.

Chad
11-25-2004, 03:54 AM
yeah, I would keep searching simple for the reason you stick your hand in, forgetting its in there and wow you find it, along with a chunk of your finger! not a good senario..

Corey
11-25-2004, 04:02 AM
thanks for the posts guys, at least my mind is a little more at ease about the rust thing.

wrassehole
12-09-2004, 05:49 PM
screw the rust, if you dont find it now, you will eventually slice your hand open. even if its in four years. use a peice of eggcrate if you have it, and rake around.

Delphinus
12-09-2004, 05:54 PM
I find the "fridge magnet on a string" trick works pretty well for me.

trilinearmipmap
12-09-2004, 06:59 PM
If a magnet doesn't work, try taking a flash digital photograph from several different angles when the lights are out, you might pick up the reflection from the metal blade. Also try looking at the bottom of your tank from underneath your stand.