PDA

View Full Version : water & vinegar mixture for cleaning

The Guy
02-15-2017, 03:11 PM
I want to fill my used new to me tank and do a circulation soak.
It's a 45 gallon cube tank so how much vinegar should I use with the fill of water for best results? I'm going to put in a couple of powerheads to circulate the mixture, done this before but can't remember the mixture I used but it did a great job and cleaned up the tank like new. :redface:

duncangweller
02-15-2017, 03:18 PM
You're back!

DKoKoMan
02-15-2017, 03:21 PM
In the same boat, I was going to just eyeball it. I used a 1:3 (vinegar to water) when I cleaned my sump out and it appeared to work wonders.

dino
02-15-2017, 05:29 PM
i did close to 50/50 and used some baking soda first

WarDog
02-15-2017, 06:17 PM
Welcome back Laurie! 4:1 water/vinegar always worked for me.

The Guy
02-15-2017, 08:06 PM
You're back!
LOL:lol: I never really left the hobby, just not keeping SW any more so I'm not on Canreef that often. How about you Dunc got anything going right now?

dino
02-15-2017, 08:43 PM
This tank going to be salt? If do I can give you some of my corals test need a trim. I also can help with calcium and bicarbonate if needed

duncangweller
02-15-2017, 09:23 PM
LOL:lol: I never really left the hobby, just not keeping SW any more so I'm not on Canreef that often. How about you Dunc got anything going right now?
I haven't got anything going at the moment either. Ryan took my stuff almost a year ago to look after it and I'm still yet to set something up. Hopefully within the next few months.

I have all the equipment left from my tank, just no tank, sump and light.

The Guy
02-16-2017, 12:59 AM
This tank going to be salt? If do I can give you some of my corals test need a trim. I also can help with calcium and bicarbonate if needed
It's going to be planted freshwater when I do set it up, collecting everything I need so when the time comes I'll have it all including livestock which is being looked after by my friend Anthony aka "SeaHorse_Fanatic"right now.
Thanks though for the offer Dustin.