PDA

View Full Version : Possible AI Group Order?

mr_alberta
11-24-2004, 02:30 PM
So, apparently Ron at AI can do competitive pricing with JL's on salt (24 pails need to be ordered) and possibly on cleaning crews (see original thread, pg 2 for details: http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12479&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15)

There seems to be some interest, but not nearly enough. So, if you are interested, please post up and maybe, just maybe we can get something going.

Also, does anyone know if Ron is on the board? There were/are a couple of guys from AI on the board, I just don't know who is who. So, AI guys, if you are out there, please post something to clarify exactly what we would need to do to qualify for a discount and exactly how much of a discount there could potentially be.

muck
11-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Ron is on the board... under Glampyre.
He is going to check with his suppliers and see what kind of discount he can offer.
On salt it should be comparable to JL pricing.

I'll pm Ron and ask him to post here when he knows pricing... :biggrin:

muck
11-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Id be in for 2 pails of Salt.

and

30 Snails or so.

Beverly
11-24-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm in for 100 trochus or margarita snails (or a combination of the two) if we can get a discount for volume buying. J&L sells 51+ snails for $1.65.

Would also go for 4 pails of Kent 200gal salt. J&L sells Kent salt at $49.95 per 200gal pails.

Richer
11-24-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm in for a bucket of salt, a dozen snails, a cleaner shrimp, and maybe a couple of peppermints.

-Richer

mr_alberta
11-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Wow Bev, you need salt already!

I'm down for 24 snails (Astrea, Margarita, Cerith combo) and 2 cleaner shrimp.

rodsboys
11-24-2004, 03:27 PM
I'd be in for some snails,crabs, cleaner shrimp,and peppermint shrimp.
To me the price has to be worth it though.I don't expect J&L prices since I would have shipping to offset buying from there anyway,but a small % off the regular AI prices will not cut it for me.
I would also prefer to finalize this after Christmas too.

Beverly
11-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Wow Bev, you need salt already!

I'm NEVER out of salt :mrgreen: Still have six pails left from the last order, but thought that I might as well order a few while the getting is good. I really don't understand how people only order one to two pails. Must be they do fewer water changes than we do, or have only one or two small tanks.

Richer
11-24-2004, 03:35 PM
Its difficult to chew through salt pails when I only have a 30 gallon tank. I'm still only about halfway through my first salt pail :mrgreen:

I forgot to mention, I want mostly astrea snails and a few ceriths.

-Richer

Bob I
11-24-2004, 03:54 PM
I'm in for 100 trochus or margarita snails (or a combination of the two) if we can get a discount for volume buying. J&L sells 51+ snails for $1.65.

Would also go for 4 pails of Kent 200gal salt. J&L sells Kent salt at $49.95 per 200gal pails.

No you don't want Margarita snails, as they just die. Trochus snails are great in a BB tank. That is what I have in mine. :biggrin:

Nemain
11-24-2004, 04:52 PM
My margaritas are still alive from a year ago o_O But i keep a rather cool tank (78)

I would be in for about 100 snails, 25 hermits, 2 emerald crabs , 6 peppermint shrimp.. i think that about covers it...

A pail or 2 of salt if you need it to bring the order up, but its not really needed =)

Beth

michika
11-24-2004, 06:45 PM
I'd be in for a pail of salt possibly 2 (if were short I'll get two), 15 red scarlet hermits, 15 blue hermits, and 1 or possibly 2 fire shrimp. Maybe some snails too, but I haven't finished figuring out what I would want...

Question what salt brand are we talking about here?

Are we working under some kind of deadline?

snaggle
11-24-2004, 06:52 PM
I dont know yet but I will get a pail of salt. dose it mater what kind of salt? I will need a large clean up crew in about a month so if that is to late then I will go to J & L.

Brad

michika
11-24-2004, 06:56 PM
I only ask for the sake of knowing....

Richer
11-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Since newguy brought it up, and muck is doing the asking, I think we should leave it to those two to give us some direction.... :lol: :mrgreen: :razz:

-Richer

muck
11-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Question what salt brand are we talking about here?

Are we working under some kind of deadline?

The salt brand will have to be all one kind. As it will come direct from the manufacturer.

As for deadline... nope. This is only to see if we would have enough interest to make it worth while.

michika
11-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Well as long as I know that I'm getting a quality product it doesn't matter to me. I'm hoping we can find out some more soon, I can't wait forever on some of the livestock.

michika
11-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Well as long as I know that I'm getting a quality product it doesn't matter to me. I'm hoping we can find out some more soon, I can't wait forever on some of the livestock.

Beverly
11-24-2004, 08:23 PM
I'd want my snails ASAP, but am willing to wait until after Christmas. A firm date would be appreciated when one is available.

About the kind of salt, please go with Kent 200g pails. I'd be switching from IO, but the switch should not be a problem as I do only 15% water changes at a time. Kent salt is excellent and, imo, better than IO.

fortheloveofcrabs
11-24-2004, 08:38 PM
I would be in for some shrimp, snails and hermits. I've got a small tank, so I wouldn't need many, but every bit helps.

-Pauly

mpishi
11-25-2004, 03:00 AM
i'd go for 7 dozen nassiurius snail
maybe a couple dozen more visible molluscs too

fishguyxd
11-25-2004, 03:02 AM
Well I will probably need some snails, shrimp in the near future also so I'll watch this post and see when the order gets figured out.

Reefhawk1
11-25-2004, 03:18 AM
Im in for two pails of salt and a couple of Emerald crabs . I just started up my third tank so an approximate date on the salt order would be great.

Stan.

Arty Morty
11-25-2004, 05:00 AM
I would be in for about 100 snails, 25 hermits, 2 emerald crabs , 6 peppermint shrimp.. i think that about covers it...

Me too!! :biggrin:
________
Silver surfer vaporizer price (http://www.vaporshop.com)

PrairieReefer
11-25-2004, 06:58 AM
I'd be in for about 60 snails and 10 scarlet hermits. I'm not in any rush but could use them any time.

bulletsworld
11-25-2004, 07:13 AM
Put me down for some, 20 snails, 2 emerald crabs, 1 peppermint shrimp, 10 hermit crabs and two pails of salt.

:biggrin:

Lee

Beverly
11-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Harvey,

Do you have a total-to-date for the livestock and salt? I'm curious as to how close (or far) we are from meeting AI's requirements for our order.

Glampyre
11-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi guys,

I've made some preliminary calls to suppliers over the past few days, some good news, some bad. This is the first time we've looked at bulk orders, so its a fairly new setup for me.

I have not been able to get a reliable commitment to larger quantities of emeralds, cleaner shrimp or peppermints, so I'm not going to make any promises on them as of yet. I don't want to book orders that I cannot fill. Most of the large collectors will not ship to Canada, because they don't want to deal with the hassles of customs, etc. Generally, they use transhippers this side of the border. Our transhippers have been very good to us in past, but they have staff to pay as well, so they need a percentage.

The snails and hermits should be easier, more a matter of hammering out pricing with our shippers.

Since everyone seems to be discussing Kent salt, I've made some inquiries to that side. We don't normally stock Kent, so the deals aren't pouring in yet. With the current offer I have, pails would be sold at $58.00 plus tax. Give me a few more days to work with our suppliers.

I'm going to be tied up today with livestock shipments and most of this weekend needs to be spent on finishing our reno's. Feel free to stop by if you're in the neighbourhood. The cappacino machine is coming today!

Thanks everyone for showing so much interest. I hope I can work out something to make everyone happy. Like I said, this is a new area to our store. We are not looking to set up to compete against the online retailers, they have enough competition as it is, so I may not be able to make the offers that they do. I'll give it my best and you can decide what is best for each of you.

Thanks again,
Ron

michika
11-25-2004, 02:19 PM
because my job sent me home after 10 minutes....

? = possibly

Muck - 2 pails of salt
Beverly - 4 pails of Kent* salt
Richer - 1 pail of salt
dozen snails (mostly astrea & a few ceriths)
1 cleaner shrimp
? a couple peppermints (I counted this in the total)
newguy - 24 snails (Astrea, Margarita, Cerith)
2 cleaner shrimp
rodsboys - some snails, crabs, cleaner & peppermint shrimp
(this is based on if the prices are cheaper then JL right?)
neiman - 100 snails
2 emerald crabs
6 peppermind
1-2 pails of salt of they are need to place the order
michika - 1 pail of salt (2 if we need the extra to place the order)
15 red scarlet hermits
15 blue hermits
2 fire shrimp
2 emerald crabs
possibly some snails
snaggle - a pail of salt
fortheloveofcrabs - some shrimp snails & hermits
mpishi - 7 dozen nassiurius snails
couple dozen visible molluscs
reefhawk1 - 2 pails salt
2 emerald crabs
Arty Morty - 100 snails
25 hermits
2 emerald crabs
6 peppermints
prairiereefer - 60 snails
10 scarlet hermits
bulletsworld - 20 snails
2 emerald crabs
1 peppermint shrimp
10 hermit crabs
2 pails of salt

Which brings us to the total of;
Salt: 10 pails, but 12 if we count the extra pails that people offered to buy for us to make the cut
Snails: 500 not including the people that posted that they wanted some.
Hermits: 75, yet again not including the "some" people
Crabs: 10 all emerald
Shrimp: 18; 2 fire, 3 cleaners, and the rest peppermint. Yet again numbers don't include people who said some.
Molluscs: 24 visible molluscs

Total; 10-12 pails of salt, 627 of everything else...

My apologies if there are any mistakes...

mr_alberta
11-25-2004, 02:34 PM
:eek:

Michika beat me to it :redface: .

SEE PAGE 3

mr_alberta
11-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Wow, we have some conflicting numbers :lol:

Ok, lemme go count again.

michika
11-25-2004, 02:38 PM
I knew my math was off...it always is.....

Right now I'm going to assume just one pail, I would have taken two, but since I'm not working today or tomorrow its not a financially brillant move to take two.

If it comes down to it I'll take that second pail....

now if only we could do something like this on dog food....

rodsboys
11-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Lert me clear up my count a bit so we can be a little more accurate.
20 cerrith
20 nassarius
20 hermits(blue legged)
2 emerald crabs
2 peppermint shrimp
2 cleaner shrimp

I think that will do.I could do a bucket of salt too if need be.I may have a friend that would be interested in some salt too.

mr_alberta
11-25-2004, 02:49 PM
Hi Tony,

I'll edit my post on page 2 to reflect more accurate numbers.

Should I put you down for a bucket of salt?

rodsboys
11-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Go ahead and put me down for 1 bucket for now.

mr_alberta
11-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Ok. Thanks.

Michika, I'll put you down for only 1 now.

muck
11-25-2004, 02:56 PM
I would prefer the Kent Salt as well.
Is everyone else ok with that..?? :biggrin:

michika
11-25-2004, 02:59 PM
1 bucket sounds good; I think anything more might be over stocking...unless I get a new tank sooner then later.

I have no opinion on Kent salt as I've never used it, only ever used IO.

What do you think my chances are on getting my fire shrimp?

Nemain
11-25-2004, 03:40 PM
Thinking it over, I may need 200 snails.. of assorted varieties, and 100 hermits..

If the order is for kent.. I may as well make the switch over, so I would be in for 4 buckets.

Thanks, sorry to mess up the math again o_O

Beth

*edit* Should we keep track of the items that AI may not be able to provide for a possible future group order from J & L or the like?

mr_alberta
11-25-2004, 03:47 PM
That sounds like a good idea Beth. With your increased order, we are actually getting quite close to the mark...

muck
11-25-2004, 03:48 PM
For everyones information!!

I discussed it with Harvey (newguy) and he has agreed to head up this mass order.
Can everyone please let him take care of all the updates to this thread.

It is starting to get a little confusing with Him and myself updating.
- If you need to add/subtract any items from your original post feel free to pm him the changes.
- Anyone else that wants to get in on this please post what you would like and Harvey will add it to the list.

Thanks didn't want to step on anyones toes but it needed to be said... :cool:

mr_alberta
11-25-2004, 04:08 PM
See pg 6.

Richer
11-25-2004, 04:56 PM
I don't mind kent brand salt.

-Richer

snaggle
11-26-2004, 01:41 AM
would any one want to get Oceanic salt. I would also be up for
60 - Blue Legged Hermits
10 - Red Scarlet Hermit
20 - Astrea Snails
20 - Margarita Snails
20 - Cerith Snails
4 - Cleaner Shrimp
and 4 - Mangrove Pods if we can get those in.

michika
11-26-2004, 02:15 AM
please put me down for 10 astrea, 10 cerith, and 5 turbos.

thanks!

mr_alberta
11-26-2004, 03:11 AM
Done and done.

If possible, it would be great if everyone could list the type of snails they would like. That way I can crunch numbers and get totals per species (yes, I am a nerd :rolleyes: ).

Nemain
11-26-2004, 03:44 AM
Critters:
50 - Nassarius Snails
50 - Blue Legged Hermits
50 - Red Scarlet Hermit
50 - Astrea Snails
50 - Margarita Snails
50 - Cerith Snails
6 - Pepermint Shrip
2 - Emerald Crabs

SALT:
2 pails IO if that is what we order
4 pails of Kent if that is what we order

and partidge in a pair tree....

I think I just spent my Christmas Bonus ~

mr_alberta
11-26-2004, 03:54 AM
Thanks Beth, I'll update the post shortly.

Just got a PM from Ron (thanks for the prompt reply) and he is still hesitant on a cleaning crew order. If it doesn't work with AI, I could ask the guys down at Big Al's OR try to get something going with JL's since I'm already keeping track of who wants what.

As for the salt, we all have to agree on 1 brand, be it Kent, IO, Formula, etc. I don't know much about the Formula brand salt, but I have seen it around. We need at least 24 large pails of salt (or 36 for a full pallet). 200G pails of Kent would be $58, 160G of IO $55. I don't know what the others would cost.

Richer
11-26-2004, 04:05 AM
12 astrea snails
1 cleaner shrimp
2 peppermint shrimps
1 pail of salt (no preference on brand)

If we need a bit more to bring up the critter count, I'd also like 5 blue legged hermits.

-Richer

muck
11-26-2004, 05:08 AM
I vote Kent Salt. 3 bucks more for 40Gal extra... (What can I say Im Dutch. :mrgreen: )

Harvey can you add 1 more bucket of salt to my order? (3 Total)

As for my invert list:

10 - Cerith Snails
10 - Astrea Snails
10 - Margarita Snails
10 - Blue Legged Hermits
10 - Red Scarlet Hermit

BT
11-26-2004, 06:05 AM
I would like: 30 Blue Leg Hermits, 10 Red Scarlet Hermits, 20 Astrea Snails, 20 Margarte Snails, 20 Cerith Snails 3 Cleaner Shrimps, 2 Emerald Crabs, 20 Nassiurius snails and 4 pails of Salt.
Thanks!
BT

mr_alberta
11-26-2004, 03:41 PM
See page 6.

PrairieReefer
11-26-2004, 08:37 PM
The type of Snails I would like:

Astrea.............................20
Margarita.........................20
Trochus...........................20

Sacarlet Hermits...............10

rums
11-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Hello!

I would like to order:

10 Astrea snails
10 Margarita snails
5 Nassarius snails
5 Turbo snails
5 Cerith snails

10 Blue Legged hermits
2 Red Scarlett hermits

1 Green Emerald crab

1 pail Kent salt

Thank you,
Rummy.

mr_alberta
11-27-2004, 06:06 AM
Alrighty, I'll update the list when I get back to Edmonton tomorrow, so don't panic if you don't see the list updated :mrgreen:.

digger
11-27-2004, 06:30 AM
Hi,
I'm new to the list and was hoping to get in the order too.
I'd like:

30 blue leg hermits
10 astrea snails

Thanks

mr_alberta
11-27-2004, 04:12 PM
So, do we have a backup plan in case this falls through? What do you guys want to do *if* AI can't get the livestock order?

Richer
11-27-2004, 04:17 PM
Order through J&L? Looks like we have enough people wanting livestock to make it worth our while.

-Richer

digger
11-27-2004, 07:04 PM
I'd like to add 2 buckets of salt also.

mark
11-27-2004, 10:18 PM
I'll take a pail and if Ron can get cleaner shrimp (at bulk price) one of those as well.

MP

Reefhawk1
11-28-2004, 06:00 AM
Kent salt would be fine for me.

Glampyre
11-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Hi guys,

I sent newguy a pm, but just in case he hasn't had a chance to pass on to everyone, Kent 200 pails would be $58 plus tax, prepaid. Since we don't regularily deal with Kent Marine, its hard to get the deals that a regular customer would. Still, they offered me a great price in my opinion. I have to order 36 pails from them to get the order, but as we originally set the minimum at 24, I will stick to that. The store can use the remainder for our tanks.

As for the cleaner crews, I cannot guarantee arrival right now for larger quantities, so I am not going to enter into that arena. Sorry, but that's life. We are continuing to look at other avenues to cut costs on inverts and obtain more suppliers, but this takes time and I doubt I will have anything in place before February or March. I will certainly talk to the owners about offering extra discounts on what we have and what I know is available to us. Until then, to quote my new favorite movie of the week,

Burn rubber, Not your Soul!
Ron
(Yes I like cheesy Hollywood action flicks)

mr_alberta
11-28-2004, 02:54 PM
Alrighty, so everyone who wants salt needs to agree on the type. Since I'm not getting any salt, I really can't say anything here.

As for the livestock order, what would you like to do now? Look elsewhere or just forget about it?

Nemain
11-28-2004, 03:54 PM
I would like to look elsewhere =) As we will probably have to mail order everything, it will become a little more difficult planning, if you need any help with it, just let me know =)

Beth

mr_alberta
11-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Do you guys want me to ask other locals first or go directly to JL's, Ocean Aquatics, Saltwater Connections, etc?

Beverly
11-28-2004, 04:07 PM
I'm still in for 4 200g pails of Kent. That's an excellent price IME, even compared to mail ordering and paying shipping. Kudos, Ron :biggrin: I hope LOTS of people take advantage of the great price and buy all 36 pails :cool:

As for livestock, I'll be going to AI sometime this week to see what they've got in terms of snails, etc. If they are able to accomodate me in any way in terms of lower prices for a large order, I may go with that. Otherwise, it'll have to be J&L for me on my snail order.

Beverly
11-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Do you guys want me to ask other locals first or go directly to JL's, Ocean Aquatics, Saltwater Connections, etc?

Good idea, Harvey! Give the business to locals first, then do the MO thing.

Richer
11-28-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm in for one 200g pail of Kent salt.

The cleaning crew is not a big concern for me, seeing how the 2 astrea snails and algae blenny in my tank have the algae more or less under control. So whatever the group decides, I'll go along with it.

-Richer

rodsboys
11-28-2004, 10:29 PM
I say go with J&L for the livestock.None of the local stores will come close to them pricewise even after shipping.They are also use to this type of thing too I am sure.May be the most hassle free way to go.

mr_alberta
11-29-2004, 04:21 PM
Anyone else? Salt will still go through AI, but livestock needs to come from elsewhere.

Edmonton Eskimo
11-30-2004, 12:31 AM
Are we doing this order in the new year? If we are I would like a pail of salt. If not I guess it will have to be a christmas present!

mr_alberta
11-30-2004, 02:09 AM
I've pm'd Ron to see when he would like the final numbers for the salt orders. Livestock, on the other hand, has had no end date set yet.

Maybe once we get more organized, I can set up an end date. Would everyone prefer a pre-Christmas end date or post-Christmas end date?

Nemain
11-30-2004, 02:43 AM
I would prefer post Christmas for times sake, but I will go with what everyone else wants =)

Beth

Beverly
11-30-2004, 02:56 AM
Post Christmas is good for the salt for us.

PrairieReefer
11-30-2004, 06:25 PM
For the livestock, I would prefer after Christmas. However, I could take it any time so whatever works for everyone else.

michika
11-30-2004, 06:26 PM
preferaly pre-christmas for me.

I vote for looking else where for the livestock order; JL...

mr_alberta
11-30-2004, 09:04 PM
I spoke to Mr. T. :mrgreen: at Big Al's today and they said they should be able to handle a large order. However, I'll need to hand him a preliminary list before I can get some cost estimates.

rodsboys
12-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Big Al's wouldn't be too bad for the livestock if they can get us some good deals.Keep us informed.If this doesn't work out I wouldn't bother with any other local stores.We alkready know J&L's prices and there is no problem with them doing an order with a 2 week window so everyone can order what they want and pay for it.We could just have one person pay the shipping and everyone pay their share when they pick up their critters.

Beverly
12-02-2004, 08:56 PM
To get the ball rolling again..... I need 80 trochus snails.

Richer
12-02-2004, 11:50 PM
I'll give that ball another little nudge :razz:

6 astrea snails
6 trochus snails
1 cleaner shrimp
2 peppermint shrimp

Anyway we can get this order done after Christmas? Its that time of year where I go out and spend money to keep my friends and family talking to me :lol: :mrgreen:

-Richer

mr_alberta
12-03-2004, 12:30 AM
No worries, the ball hasn't stopped :mrgreen: I'm just waiting to hear back from a few people about pricing and whatnot.

So Beverly, is that 80 total snails? I have you down for 100 from before, so I'm not sure if you want 80 Trochus + 20 Margarita or just the 80 Trochus?

mr_alberta
12-03-2004, 12:33 AM

mr_alberta
12-03-2004, 12:42 AM
Here's a link for a synopsis of everyone's order. If there are any errors, let me know. Thanks!

http://www.members.shaw.ca/harvwong/AI%20group%20order.txt

If the table doesn't line up, try changing the font to courier.

Richer
12-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Thanks Harvey.

You can scratch off the hermit crabs for me... doesn't look like the order needs anymore padding.

-Richer

Beverly
12-03-2004, 01:12 AM
So Beverly, is that 80 total snails? I have you down for 100 from before, so I'm not sure if you want 80 Trochus + 20 Margarita or just the 80 Trochus?

I went down to only 80 trochus, no margaritas.

rodsboys
12-03-2004, 06:40 AM
Harvey you rule.Thanks for being on top of this. :smile:

mr_alberta
12-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Alrighty, everyone who ordered salt. It looks like the majority want Kent, so I think we should go with that. Ron needs to know the closing day ASAP so he can fire off the order. Everything is ready to go. He has an order list at the shop, so just phone him or pop by the store and get your order in.

I personally would like to get the salt order over and done with soon, so I propose to have the end date to be set for next Thursday, December 9, 11:59:59pm. If I don't hear any complaints about this, then that's what it will be. Sound fair?

Again, this end date only applies to salt orders. The end date for livestock is to be determined.

Beverly
12-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Does Ron need the orders to be prepaid or pay when we pick up the salt?

mr_alberta
12-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Hi Beverly,

He hasn't mentioned what he'd prefer, but I would assume it would be prepaid (so they don't order a bunch of salt and have a bunch of no-shows). I'll get back to this thread on that though.

muck
12-03-2004, 03:25 PM
Hi guys,

I sent newguy a pm, but just in case he hasn't had a chance to pass on to everyone, Kent 200 pails would be $58 plus tax, prepaid.

Actually he did mention it. :mrgreen:

ABreefkpr
12-05-2004, 03:46 AM
Is it to late to get in on 2 pails of salt?

Keith

mr_alberta
12-05-2004, 03:48 AM
I'll put you down for that Keith.

michika
12-05-2004, 02:25 PM
So we're supposed to call in/go in to prepay for our salt at AI?

How goes the livestock order? I'm kind of antsy on getting some of the hermits....

What about hermit shells? Can those be on the livestock order as well? It just occured to me that i'll probably need more shells if I have more hermits...

mr_alberta
12-05-2004, 02:37 PM
Yes, for the salt you go to AI and put yourself on the order list and pay for them then.

As for the livestock order, it will probably be after Christmas since that's what the majority want so far. How many hermits are you looking for? I have a couple (4 or 5) in my tank still that I'm trying to phase out (going snails only). I have a bunch of empty shells too. PM me if you're interested and we'll work something out.

michika
12-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Can I raise the number of livestock that I would like?

Can I add another 15 blue hermits, another 20 scarlet hermits, and possibly two more cleaner shrimp (won't know for sure on the shrimp until Friday)?

Do you know when the salt order would be coming in?

mr_alberta
12-06-2004, 04:32 AM
In case anyone didn't see it, I have a thread dedicated to only the livestock portion of the group order. Please vote in the poll as well if you haven't yet.

http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12727

mr_alberta
12-06-2004, 04:43 AM
Also, since a lot have specified KENT salt, it will be KENT SALT (remember, all the salt in the order must be of the same type). If you have serious objections to this, please let me know.

snaggle
12-07-2004, 01:10 AM
do we have to pay before closing on thursday or just let you know?

Brad

mr_alberta
12-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Hi,

I believe that when you order, you will have to pre-pay anyway. The salt should arrive next week (hopefully).

Tarolisol
12-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Hey i would like to get in on two 200g buckets of salt, michika said he will bring them down to calgary for me, so tell me how to go about this thanks all.

mr_alberta
12-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Hi,

You can either phone AI and ask for Ron, or get Michika to phone in the order for you. Ron would like to get the salt prepaid though.

Tarolisol
12-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Ok so if someone can give me the number ill call ask for ron give him a credit card number and have michika pick it up for me, does that sounds right.

michika
12-08-2004, 01:19 AM
Sounds fine, what part of town do you live in? We're coming down the deerfoot probably on either Friday morning the 17th and returning through on the the 21st, I will be actually in the South end (Southland dr. area) from the 19th-21st, and then I'll be back through Calgary on either the 24th or the 25th (those dates haven't been finalized as of yet)

and FYI, Michika be a she

Tarolisol
12-08-2004, 01:29 AM
ill remember the she part :mrgreen: i live in the south as well not far really from southland dr. Sundace to be exact. So if some one could tell me what to say when i call and ask for Ron that would be great.

michika
12-08-2004, 01:34 AM
Just tell whomever picks up the phone your in on the group Canreef order, tell them how many pails and then go from there.

Still need the phone number? Its on on my receipt, but its on their website: www.aquariumillusions.com

Sundance isn't that far...I used to live in Mckensie....now that was a HUGE commute every morning to go downtown for school....

Tarolisol
12-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Alrighty ill give them a call tommorow and order and pay. yeah sundance is a nice commute downtown as well loads of traffic and horrible weather bleh. Thanks for pickin up the salt for me as well.

michika
12-08-2004, 01:43 AM
No problem, anything for a fellow Calgarian!

Thats the thing I hated the most about Calgary, traffic and dumbass drivers, especially the "special ones" on the Calf Robe or Mcleod Trail...Oh the memories!

Dez
12-08-2004, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure if you guys know this, but between Dec 26 and 31 this year
at big al's in edmonton

the Red Sea salt will be 29,99 for a 200 gal pail

and the I.O. salt will be 34.99 for the 160 gal pail.

I got this from mr. T :mrgreen: himself.

They are ordering pallets and pallets and pallets of them in.

des

Bob I
12-08-2004, 04:35 PM
That seems amazingly inexpensive. Does anyone have any experience with Red Sea salt I wonder :question:

michika
12-08-2004, 04:39 PM
FYI, everything in the store is going to be on sale on then, including livestock!

mr_alberta
12-08-2004, 04:45 PM
How do you guys hear about these sales? Is there a secret newsletter I don't get or something?? :confused:

Bob I
12-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Big Al's has Boxing Day sales every year. :biggrin:

Skimmerking
12-08-2004, 06:09 PM
BoB I have used red sea salt in my 280 and had no problems with it it mixed very well and had no left over salt pieces after mixing it up. I received no cloudy water and no
CA chualk marks on the glass from the salt. I like it i bought some off a store for 120 for 2 pails of 200 gal mix.

FWIW.

mike

Beverly
12-11-2004, 01:59 AM
For those considering using Red Sea salt, here is Craig Bingman's article comparing different salt mixes, "The Composition Of Several Synthetic Seawater Mixes":

http://saltaquarium.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://web.archive.org/web/20010303215133/www.animalnetwork.com/fish2/aqfm/1999/mar/features/1/default.asp

Tarolisol
12-16-2004, 04:05 AM
Does anyone know when this order is suppose to come in?

mr_alberta
12-16-2004, 05:15 AM
It is suppose to come in at the end of this week, but if I hear differently, I will let everyone know.

michika
12-16-2004, 03:02 PM
As in Friday? I hope its coming in Friday before 10am I'm getting low...

mr_alberta
12-16-2004, 03:31 PM
That is what I've been told. Of course it all depends on the supplier and whatnot...

Glampyre
12-16-2004, 10:58 PM
If you haven't seen the post under Vendor Announcements, or didn't leave me a contact phone number, the salt came in this morning!

mr_alberta
12-17-2004, 12:06 AM
Hey Ron,

Thanks for ordering the salt for us! Much appreciated!

muck
12-17-2004, 02:19 AM
Just picked up my Salt. Thanks again Ron!
Appreciate your willing to work with us on this.

:cool: :biggrin: