PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI Booster Pump

elitesurfer
02-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Hi guys,
I've had to change my water change station and the water pressure coming off my faucet is currently around 20 psi... I'd like to add a booster pump to the system (BRS 4-stage RO/DI 75 gpd)

If any of you use booster pumps, could you share some experience on them. Atm, I'm considering getting this vertex pump from J&L.
http://www.jlaquatics.com/vertex-booster-pump-for-up-to-100gpd-ro-reverse-osmosis-units.html

Thanks

kyl
02-06-2017, 05:35 PM
I bought an Aquatec 8800 (#8841-2J03-B421) since the PRV is off-limits, and it's increased from ~40 from the tap to ~90PSI. Quite a big difference in water generation, but I run a 150gpd unit with two RO cartridges.

elitesurfer
02-06-2017, 06:19 PM
I bought an Aquatec 8800 (#8841-2J03-B421) since the PRV is off-limits, and it's increased from ~40 from the tap to ~90PSI. Quite a big difference in water generation, but I run a 150gpd unit with two RO cartridges.

That's quite a nice boost. I'd be happy to get to 60 psi range. Not sure if vertex one will cut it.. Looks like I could order Aquatec one from amazon though.

dino
02-06-2017, 06:28 PM
are you running from a faucet to the rodi? this might explain your low pressure

elitesurfer
02-06-2017, 06:31 PM
are you running from a faucet to the rodi? this might explain your low pressure

Yes I am. Thing is my kitchen faucet is around 30-35 psi but the faucet in my laundry room is extremely low...

kyl
02-06-2017, 07:04 PM
That's quite a nice boost. I'd be happy to get to 60 psi range. Not sure if vertex one will cut it.. Looks like I could order Aquatec one from amazon though.

I could not find that exact model in stock (same one BRS sells in their kit) except through a place back east. Their delivery and CS was awful though, so if you can find it through something like amazon I'd definitely go that route. Any waterworks supplier should be able to order in.

Not sure what the OEM is for the Vertex, but I know Aquatec has been around forever and pumps / flow control is all they do, so that factored into my decision.

elitesurfer
02-06-2017, 08:19 PM
I could not find that exact model in stock (same one BRS sells in their kit) except through a place back east. Their delivery and CS was awful though, so if you can find it through something like amazon I'd definitely go that route. Any waterworks supplier should be able to order in.

Not sure what the OEM is for the Vertex, but I know Aquatec has been around forever and pumps / flow control is all they do, so that factored into my decision.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing your experience.