PDA

View Full Version : Bayside review order check it out

Bugger
01-27-2017, 03:12 PM
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r581/bugger22/IMG_1046_zps7atchb8d.jpg
Box came in today nice label on both side I defently appreciate it.
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r581/bugger22/IMG_1047_zpswyqjohff.jpg
Termal packing material looks space age. I've never had anything this good
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r581/bugger22/IMG_1048_zpsvahszu6f.jpg
popcorn to keep it from bouncing around amazing
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r581/bugger22/IMG_1050_zpsce0vxdtg.jpg
One large chuck worth my money the other two are a damn shame.
The lession of this story is Bayside stop chopping the acans so small its a pity.
If you have to ask for more fine but don't cut them into oblivion they take years to grow and now I have to litterly baby them

Scythanith
01-27-2017, 08:44 PM
You could just spend more and get a bigger piece... I'd venture to guess Bayside Corals makes smaller frags so people on limited budgets can buy a couple polyps of a nice coral they'd otherwise be unable to afford. I know you can buy big frags and whole colonies there as well.

Did you not know what you were getting before paying for them? I mean actual polyp count and/or pictures of the coral itself?

Bugger
01-27-2017, 08:48 PM
Its impossible to know what your getting with acans. Some are huge and some are tiny polyps. No I asked and he said all his stuff is precut smalls.
I was willing to pay more

Scythanith
01-27-2017, 10:04 PM
So let me get this straight. Colby told you they were pre-cut smalls, you paid for pre-cut smalls, and now you're unhappy you got pre-cut smalls.

I totally get the idea of not wanting a LFS to "chop shop" up colonies, but I think this is where being able to actually walk into the store to see what is there for purchase would settle your concerns over "Bayside stop chopping the acans so small its a pity". They have a good sized assortment of full colonies that they are glad to sell you. The problem is not many reefers want full sized colonies anymore, they want cheaper frags to allow them to grow into the space.

There is a good chance that the particular acan you wanted had already sold out of the full colonies & larger frags and small was all that was left. For example, BC has a great looking rainbow chalice in shop that was originally for sale as an intact colony, then sliced in half with decent "toonie" sized frags made out of one half and the other half still a respectable sized colony for sale. That's typically what I see when I walk into Bayside Corals.

I guess what I am saying is be careful not to label a business when you have only received one online order from them. It's not fair and harmful to the business.

Scott

Bugger
01-27-2017, 10:26 PM
Well to be perfectly honest the pictures shown do not repersent the quality of the corals I received. Look on there site look at the corals in my tank
They lack color
I did a good review and then you got all hurt because I don't like small corals.
What is it to you that I don't like small corals.
Does it offend you or you think your really standing up for Bayside because I don't like small corals

gmann
01-27-2017, 10:50 PM
not saying you don't know your stuff or anything, but in order to match the picture wouldn't you need to have the same lights running at the exact settings no?

Bayside Corals
01-27-2017, 11:51 PM
Hey Bugger,

I appreciate you taking the time to post pictures and make a review. As you know the website is new and we are adding corals to it every week. Currently we only have a small fraction of our stock listed on the website but that will change in the coming weeks. We didn't have any larger pieces of the particular Acans you wanted as we discussed. But we do have many other Acan colonies in stock that I will get uploaded to our website next week.

I have found that our local customers prefer frags over colonies and that is why we make so many frags. We are open to suggestions on how we can improve our website for the future and if you or other customers would like to see more colonies versus frags we can certainly make that happen.

You may already know this but the egg crate in the pictures we use are 1/2" x 1/2" so it gives you a good reference for coral size.

For lighting we use Reef Brite Led's and T5's and we find that it give us a good balance of great colors and good coral growth.

If you have any other questions or suggestions please let us know. Thank you again for your order and taking the time to post a review.

Bayside Corals

DKoKoMan
01-28-2017, 03:54 AM
IMO, I would take a small "ultra" or "rare" frag at a lower price. The savings sometimes come with smaller frags and this allows more people to get in to the action. That being said, I usually just pick what I like and see it in person to determine size. Hope it all works out for you and the Acans grow nicely (not like mine that just died off).