PDA

View Full Version : escaping moray

reefnut
11-23-2004, 01:35 AM
well ive just picked up a snowflake.From what ive heard and read my setup will make a pretty good home.My question to those of you with eels is how big a concern is escape attempts?And is there anything i can do to keep him from wandering out of the tank?My tank is more function then fashion so things hanging out all over so i cant really put a tight lid on it.

Thanks in advance.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-23-2004, 06:38 AM
They are pretty good escape artists. Somebody in another post said her's just went for a long, dry carpet walk :frown: I have some black plastic netting that I use to cover mine so my Scissortail Dartfish/Gobies don't follow my Tilefish for a short flight. If you need it, I'm in Surrey on Thursday afternoon again. PM me if you want some. You can make a frame out of light wood & zap strap in on for a cover. Holes are 2 cm by 2 cm.

reefnut
11-24-2004, 01:16 AM
thank you for the offer seahorse but my ell is only about 8-10 inches long and pretty thin still.I once heard that when its lights out in the tank that these eels will look up and see light coming through any small openings and they will head for that.Is this true? and if so what if i put a led in the bottom corner at night so that he will be drawn towards that?due to my lighting and filtration equipment i cant really put a wood and screen top on as my lights are hanging down one half inch into the tank and my aquaclear and skimmer are sticking out.

DEAD_BY_DAWN
11-26-2004, 04:15 AM
i was the one who lost his the other week,they do seem to settle down after a few days but mine got out after one month for his final walk,so basically if there is a hole they will find it