PDA

View Full Version : T5's Now Available

sumpfinfishe
11-22-2004, 03:25 AM
Hi all :biggrin:

I know quite a few of you have been asking where they can get there fins on T5 setup's.
Today when I walked into my LFS I was blown away with the T5 setup that was shown to me :cool:
Paul's Aquarium in Surrey has high output and regular 36" and 48" setup's available for a special intro price of only $35.97. Each Terra Glow tube, wether 6500K or actinic comes complete with ballast, jumper, power supply, and mounting clips.
I asked Paul if he will ship these unit's and he said no problem.
So if your interested in these new tubes, he can be contacted via email from his website which is listed in the retailers list on the left hand side of this page.

Bob I
11-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Are these the Helios lights :question:

sumpfinfishe
11-22-2004, 05:28 PM
I don't know what Helios lights are Bob, is that a brand name I take it.
If you want to know more email Paul he can tell you more than I can.

Rikko
11-23-2004, 02:33 AM
They could be the Envirolite ones as well.. No reflector but self-ballasted like the other T5 rigs. I've seen then at Aquariums West as well. Lights are decent, but reflectors aren't really possible because of the way they're built. I've seen 6400K ("full spectrum"?) and a "blue" tube. I'm running 2x6400K and 2xblue NO of those tubes on my tank atm and they're decent. Wish I had some paperwork on them though. I believe they're made by Snode and FSL.

And if they're another type of fixture, then I gotta take a trip out there and see! :)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-23-2004, 06:29 AM
Stopped by today. They are the same ones I use that I bought at Coral Ocean. The blues are 20,000K NO & the high-out only comes in full-spectrum (6400K I believe). Bulbs are bright but the reflectors are minimally effective. I added aftermarket reflectors by Arcadia for better results. The bulbs are Envirolite & Snode, made in China.

Tarolisol
11-23-2004, 06:31 AM
I went to numerous lighting and plant stores today looking for stuff and everyone i went to had T5s i never realized they were so hard to come by.

JohnM99
12-02-2004, 04:27 AM
There is a big difference between T5 and T5 HO - (high output) - also the reflectors are extremely important - contributing a lot to the total output. Is that what these are?

sumpfinfishe
12-02-2004, 08:33 AM
Yeah I know what you mean John :eek:
The T5's that Paul's has in stock are HO in daylight and NO in actinic's, with HO actinic's comming soon!