PDA

View Full Version : need to build a new stand ...ideas 46 bowfront

tom55228
01-14-2017, 12:48 PM
hello there , fellow reefers ,fairly new to this forum ,i have a question i need to build a new stand for my wifes 46 bowfront in her office .
the original stand has water dammage from the skimmer overflowing and not being noticed .so my plan is to build a 2 x 4 stand , to accomodate a larger higher sump to catch any splash.
my question is has anyone ever built a stand on wheels or see anything wrong with it .not looking to move it around the office but more for when i need to gain access to it id like to be able to move it to do any mantenance on it when need be .
maybe this is a far fetched idea and just stick to the stand .have to move on this fairly quickly ...any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated
thanks
tom

ner'T'
01-14-2017, 04:26 PM
Hi

I'd never seen one until I built a rolling stand for my 34g cube.

As long as it's built strong and extra ridgid and wheels are rated for weight go for it! I love being able to roll out tank from corner to wash floor, access equipment, paint walls etc.

I sourced self levelling Castors so I can level tank out, (I run my waterline really high and my floor isn't level).

Shoot me and your email and Ill dig up a picture

ner'T'
01-14-2017, 04:45 PM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039ZIPL4/ref=s9_simh_gw_g60_i1_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=9H6PPDM65KS401GRYSP9&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=a6aaf593-1ba4-4f4e-bdcc-0febe090b8ed&pf_rd_i=desktop