PDA

View Full Version : Green Hairy Mushrooms

Tigger
11-21-2004, 10:57 PM
I seem to be able to grow Green Hair Mushrooms really well. They are huge, about 4 inches in diameter. I would like to sell/trade some. Does anybody know the best way to take them off the rock? Is cutting them at the base the only way?

morph
11-22-2004, 05:51 AM
you have P.M.

Son Of Skyline
11-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Hey are these the same green mushrooms that you got from me ages ago? Just curious!

Tigger
11-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Yes some of these mushrooms are the ones I bought from you. I also bought some other hairy mushrooms that are a different color. Both types seem to open up quite large and reproduce. I'm still trying to figure out how to get them off the rock.

Chad
11-23-2004, 11:41 PM
I slice them off with a razor blade... takes em a few days to heal up.

I have never lost one with this method.. But I wouldn't care anyways since they are like weeds.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-24-2004, 07:11 AM
Yup. Cutting healthy mushrooms doesn't harm them. You'll just end up with more of 'em. Done it many times. For a less invasive method, I will push up the corner of some LR rubble under the edge of the 'shroom I want to transplant. Usually it takes a couple of weeks before it gets the hint & moves onto the new rock. Or if you turn one side away from the light, I find mushrooms will start to let go in order to fall off & get into the light. That's how I always end up with some loose ones on my substrate.

Just some ideas/tactics that have worked for me. :smile:

Tigger
11-27-2004, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the tips. I will give it a try :biggrin: