PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy: Vibrant Liquid aquarium cleaner? (YVR)

GoFish
01-09-2017, 11:32 PM
There's a long thread on R2R about (Not sure if I can post the link) I don't have time to read it all but it sounds like a lot of people have had success killing different kinds of algae with it.

Anyway, I'll be ordering a bottle tomorrow (Jan 10th) If anyone wants one let me know and will order more.
Looks like they only ship to the US and I have to pick up a package late this week or next week anyway. Max 5 bottles so I don't have issues at the border thinking I'm commercial...

You'd have to meet with me or pick up from North Van after it arrives

moloto
01-09-2017, 11:45 PM
What size bottle are you ordering? I'm interested in getting a bottle. Pricing?

kyl
01-09-2017, 11:54 PM
This stuff has made a huge difference in my dino snot / bubble algae problem.

They ship to Canada, but you have to email Jeff @ sales@uwcmn.com first. Shipping cost was $15.50 US for one bottle, also quoted $24.50 for two to Coquitlam, via USPS > CanadaPost. Shipped from Minneapolis, MN on November 29th, arrived December 11th to give you a rough time frame.

GoFish
01-10-2017, 12:24 AM
^^^ Thanks for that info. Good to know
I'm just heading to a course will update when I get home but received a quick email from Jeff saying there could be a discount with multiple bottles.

moloto
01-10-2017, 12:44 AM
Bryant. I'll jump on board with your group buy. I think Coastings might be interested too depending on the cost.

GoFish
01-10-2017, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the interest so far with texts and PMs... I will get back you all with the options to choose from by tomorrow
Thanks for your patience

Anybody else interested now is the time to let me know! Order will be made asap, hopefully by tomorrow evening

Dash
01-10-2017, 03:40 PM
I was just looking into this & am definitely interested in a bottle.
I've pm'd you. Many thanks!
Maggie

rzadun
01-11-2017, 03:33 AM
Who carries it in canada

Bugger
01-11-2017, 03:45 AM
incredbable aquarium sells it from London

GoFish
01-11-2017, 04:32 AM
Yes they do and I explored that option. I was able to get a group buy price from the US though, unfortunately IA never replied :(

Bugger
01-11-2017, 04:39 AM
I want some can I get in even though im from ontario

GoFish
01-11-2017, 05:30 AM
Not for the group buy if that's what you're asking? It would cost at least as much to package and re-ship to you then IA would charge

Bugger
01-11-2017, 05:39 AM
Yeah but I don't trust them. They sold me bait and switch coral before.

GoFish
01-11-2017, 06:19 AM
Ahhh I see, sorry to hear. I may end up buying an extra bottle. Perhaps contact me next week to see if theres one left? Was trying to keep the order small'ish around 5 bottles for customs purposes but its looking like closer to 10 now. If you're willing to pay the shipping beyond here than no problem

Bugger
01-11-2017, 06:42 AM
Yeah sure I can emt you when your ready

tang daddy
01-11-2017, 10:49 PM
how much are the bottles with shipping?

GoFish
01-12-2017, 12:20 AM
It worked out to a little less than if you were to convert the current USD price on UWC and include shipping. Some math for ya :wink:
I don't want to post the actual price publicly in case one of Canreefs current sponsors decides to carry the product in the future. Hope that makes sense

tang daddy
01-13-2017, 12:47 AM
Got it thanks... couldn't find the pricing on their site. I noticed eBay sells it with free shipping so I gave that a try.

DKoKoMan
01-13-2017, 03:36 AM
Let me know how this product works out for you guys!

GoFish
01-19-2017, 01:50 AM
Package has arrived! Text messages sent
Bought 3 extra bottles in case anyone local wants one. All 8oz reef versions.

Bugger, if you send me your postal code can get you a shipping quote if you're still interested

Bugger
01-19-2017, 03:26 AM
L2t 2h4

gregzz4
01-19-2017, 04:51 AM
Have at 'er everyone, but I wouldn't be putting 'snake oil' in my tank that has no;
- proven track record
- list of 'all' ingredients

I'd be curious to see if the ingredients even pass our controlled substances list - just sayin'

You never know what you're buying with this stuff ... :wink:

Sure, their site lists 100% of their product contents, but I see no government stamp on their labelling.

GoFish
01-19-2017, 05:09 AM
Have at 'er everyone, but I wouldn't be putting 'snake oil' in my tank that has no;
- proven track record
- list of 'all' ingredients

I'd be curious to see if the ingredients even pass our controlled substances list - just sayin'

You never know what you're buying with this stuff ... :wink:

Sure, their site lists 100% of their product contents, but I see no government stamp on their labelling.
Snake oil is right!

But I don't like algae (except the coralline variety) and as mentioned in the first post there's a long discussion on R2R about it if anyone wants to browse through it, 121 pages and the owner of the product has been active and informative all the way so he stands by his product.
Ingredients say 95% cultured bacteria blend, 1% amino acids (aspartic acid), 0.5% vinegar, 3.5% other. Can't expect him to tell you everything. There's another member in this forum that won't divulge exact ingredients for his product that works very well

I just dosed my tank with a whopping 0.75ml, fingers crossed it doesn't crash my tank :wink:

We can start a discussion/progress thread about another day

gregzz4
01-20-2017, 02:32 AM
You're right. Sorry to crap in your thread :surprise:
If you want to start a thread about algae/PO4 etc, I'll jump in :wink:

GoFish
01-20-2017, 04:12 AM
You're right. Sorry to crap in your thread :surprise:
If you want to start a thread about algae/PO4 etc, I'll jump in :wink:
No worries :)
I may start a thread but we'll see how things go. Have another product on the way which may blur my results

GoFish
01-20-2017, 04:21 AM
I will throw this photo out there, in the back chamber of my nano.... Basically 24 hours since 1 dose @ 1mL per gallon.
Whatever this algae is, probably "turf", "hair", or both doesnt look as happy today. No other changes to tank, lighting, water etc... Just Vibrant. I wasnt expecting to see any changes yet
http://i.imgur.com/0YtUYpt.jpg

tang daddy
01-20-2017, 06:37 PM
I don't have any pics to share but will post my experience on here... I ordered some off eBay as I read some of the reviews and thought I would give it a try. I had high phosphates readings on my ULR @.24 last week. My mg reading is immeasurable with salifert or Elos which I predict is at about 1600 plus, still had bryopsis in my sump and bubble algae was starting to infest my rock, if this said magic potion can rid some pest algae then what's $50 to the cause...
I did a 3ml dose the first day to see if there were adverse effects on my sps and Lps, none. Second day I drizzled some in my sump and display around 10ml, this time I think I overdid it. Soft corals like Ricordea sand yumas were ****ed, other Lps like brains and blastos also closed abit. Didn't pay much attention to the tank for the next few days. Monday tested the phosphates and it was down to .1, bubble algae had reduced to 40% less, the bryopsis was still there but looking thin. Hair algae on 1 small rock had melted, I did start a small portion of Rowaphos to help reduce phosphates further. Nitrates are undetectable and also performed a 30% wc before dosing Vibrant.
I believe this stuff works on nuisance algaes and will continue weekly doses but will do 5ml per week on my 100g system.
Also the very next day after dosing I noticed my water clear right up!
I will update in another week