PDA

View Full Version : Ever grow it50 series

carnut
12-17-2016, 07:38 PM
Is anyone using the series of light? how do you like it ?how's the colour matching any disco effect? Can you post any pics?

Just wondering before I pull the plug on three units thanks

DKoKoMan
12-18-2016, 06:05 AM
Is anyone using the series of light? how do you like it ?how's the colour matching any disco effect? Can you post any pics?

Just wondering before I pull the plug on three units thanks

I'm running the IT5012 48" on my 75 gallon and its great. I have noticed minimal "disco ball" and the controllability is awesome. Can't beat it for the price. :surprise:

carnut
12-19-2016, 11:56 PM
did you hang it or use the feet? Can you move the hanging point on the light or are the holes fixed? Sorry for all the questions. Any tank pics you would like to share:lol:

DKoKoMan
12-20-2016, 03:49 AM
did you hang it or use the feet? Can you move the hanging point on the light or are the holes fixed? Sorry for all the questions. Any tank pics you would like to share:lol:

Carnut, I ended up using the supplied legs to mount on to the sides of the aquarium. I had to modify my egg crate lid a bit to make it fit hit works fine. The mounting arms are adjustable with 3 different holes for width (shortest is 48") and 3 holes for the height (mine are currently set for 8" above the tank). There are 4 anchor points on the top of the light which slide on a channel the entire length of the light ( 2 separate channels with 2 anchors on each). This should allow you a word range of movement if you choose to hang it with the supplied mounting kit.

I took a quick photo for you (unfortunately the light is already off per my schedule). Hope this helps! Clean looking light and very versatile. I'm only running my actinic and white at 60%... so not under powered.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah187/dkokoski/IMG_0403_zps07eux0qq.jpg (http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/dkokoski/media/IMG_0403_zps07eux0qq.jpg.html)

batmanrob
01-31-2017, 04:26 AM
I am looking at the evergrow as well. Debating between 2 16" units or 1 48"

unit.
Is there a Canadian dealer? How long is the warranty?

Rogue951
01-31-2017, 05:00 AM
I am looking at the evergrow as well. Debating between 2 16" units or 1 48"

unit.
Is there a Canadian dealer? How long is the warranty?

Got mine from reefsupplies during boxing day sale. No regrets so far.
Still tuning the spectrum.
Any of u guys have any tips for settings?

DKoKoMan
01-31-2017, 06:02 AM
I play around with the colour blend using primarily CH3/CH5/CH6. I have ramped my intensity up to 70% but have yet to go past that. I'm currently struggling with high PO4 so don't want another large hair algae bloom :smile:

carnut
01-31-2017, 09:23 PM
Got 3 on boxing day. Love the easy link with the remote. remote running 3 lights plug and play . Only bs was with fed ex and Reefsupplies stepped up with great customer service.

Ended up with a nice purple look, did turn off the greens found I was getting algae at the top of the tank.