PDA

View Full Version : bristle worm

Corey
11-19-2004, 12:14 AM
heres a b.worm for ya, its about 9-10" long
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1208bristle_worm-thumb.JPG

Bob I
11-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Could you post something a little larger than a thumbnail perhaps :question: :biggrin:

Corey
11-20-2004, 12:05 AM
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1208bristle_worm-med.JPG

Quinn
11-20-2004, 08:06 AM
Yup, that's a big one.

Buccaneer
11-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Nice worm :cool: ... you have been neglecting your glass cleaning however :razz:

Corey
11-21-2004, 06:09 AM
bottom corner, cant reach. But hey thanks for noticing :redface: :lol:

Buccaneer
11-21-2004, 06:12 AM
bottom corner, cant reach. But hey thanks for noticing :redface: :lol:

No problem ... just trying to be helpfull :razz: :mrgreen:

Zerandise
11-21-2004, 11:58 AM
you would hate to see my acrylic..... I cant keep the coraline off it!!!

I have a worm very close to yours. he is great fun to watch

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-22-2004, 07:34 AM
I don't mind the small ones, but one about 7 inches long bit my female seahorse & the wound eventually did her in :evil: Caught the bugger going for another snack & scooped him out. Tortured, I mean played with him for a while before doing a Nemo & sending him out to sea. Caught another 6 incher chowing down on my plate coral. Same trip for him. Hope my plate recovers, but I doubt it.

And the seahorse was perfectly healthy & eating frozen mysis too!!!!

Death to all big bristleworms :evil: :evil: :evil:

G1GY
11-27-2004, 06:26 AM
If I ever see one larger than a couple of inches.....It's gone! Not that the worm is bad or anything like that, but one that big in my tank would send me screaming like a little girl! :eek: :lol:

Beverly
11-27-2004, 01:37 PM

Had a bristleworm the about the size of a mysis in my feeder, when we kept H. whitei. One of the SHs snicked the BW :eek: , then promptly spit it out :eek: :eek: :eek: For what seemed forever, but was probably less than a minute, the SH went into convulsions and I thought it was a goner :cry: It spent the next few hours alone and away from the feeder and I truly thought it wasn't going to make it. Yet, come feeding time, it ate and was okay thereafter, thank goodness.

Corey
11-27-2004, 03:24 PM
And he just keeps getting bigger and bigger, no problems with him yet but the lucky SOB lives right next to the sun coral, so its an all you can eat smorgasboard.

Corey
11-27-2004, 06:10 PM

Had a bristleworm the about the size of a mysis in my feeder, when we kept H. whitei. One of the SHs snicked the BW :eek: , then promptly spit it out :eek: :eek: :eek: For what seemed forever, but was probably less than a minute, the SH went into convulsions and I thought it was a goner :cry: It spent the next few hours alone and away from the feeder and I truly thought it wasn't going to make it. Yet, come feeding time, it ate and was okay thereafter, thank goodness.

What?! :confused: