PDA

View Full Version : Online Fish and Coral Purchase

zhasan
12-04-2016, 04:00 AM
Hello All,

I'm living in Lac La Biche Alberta and wanting to setup a reef tank again.

I'm wondering what options for online purchasing of corals and fish are available.

My challenge is that I'm outside about 2.5 hrs of Edmonton... Not sure if livestock will make it alive through the shipping process.

Anyone lives in the boonies and still manage to get live stock shipped home?

DKoKoMan
12-04-2016, 06:31 AM
Take a look at marine experience

I get all my coral and livestock from Neil at the Marine Experience, local home based business. They have recently expanded their sales on their website to encompass shipping to the rural and remote areas. Hope this helps!!

coralor
12-11-2016, 03:43 AM
I live 2.5 hours west of Edmonton and the best way I find is to arrange a shipment for when you can make a trip into the city. They will ship overnight to the international airport and I've had really good luck with picking it up the next morning then heading home.
Canada corals is my fave but I also like J & L Aquatics, have recently hooked up with Neal and he seems to have really nice stuff and good prices (plan to check his place out soon)..and of course always check Aquarium Illusions or Big Al's when in town.
Aquarium illusions may ship via Greyhound to you which is handy for something you need asap.
Oh - make sure to have whoever ships to you places a large note on the box saying "DO NOT REFRIGERATE" because if the guys at the airport see "live fish" on the box, they may assume its lobsters and thus needs to be kept cool. Had that happen - not fun.

DKoKoMan
12-11-2016, 09:46 PM
^ Agree with that!

zhasan
12-19-2016, 01:28 AM
I know of Marine experience. I'm just waiting to set everything up and then I'll make my way there.

Great idea about the overnight shipping.. I think that'll be the best option for me if I'm not able to find something in Edmonton.

Skimmer Juice
12-19-2016, 03:00 AM
checkout fragbox and frag cave as well as big show frags if you are looking for more high end corals , all great shops