PDA

View Full Version : half-life 2

Invigor
11-18-2004, 04:38 AM
any other gamers pick this up yet?

i'm about 16 hours in :| they just carried dog away in the spaceship and I'm all alone.

the game is laggy, so I spent $300 at ncix.com to upgrade a few things :P

Quinn
11-18-2004, 06:48 AM
Stop giving away the plot! :eek:

Invigor
11-18-2004, 06:36 PM
heh, to be honest, my sound wasn't working for the first 2 minutes of the game, so I missed the intro so I have no idea what I'm trying to do in the game other than run around and shoot bad guys... we had to rescue some chick's father, and another chick, then the chick we rescued ripped us off...fun fun!

go buy it! :mrgreen:

I wonder if TF2 will come out soon now that HL2 is released... :eek:

Dabbler
11-19-2004, 01:25 AM
I doubt it I think TF2 was put on the back burner far away :evil: I am also disapointed that it only came with counterstrike for multiplayer (I hate counterstrike) but the game play is awasome I realy like it

DiscusZ
11-19-2004, 03:01 AM
The problem with HL2 is it relies ona server to play (even with Single player) I was going to go that route but I refuse to. What if Valve went belly up in 2 months the game would be worthless

Also some people have been having a bitch of a time getting it to run, some have to turn off DMA mode on their CDdrives.

I like FarCry .. Awesome game

Jim

Invigor
11-19-2004, 04:25 AM
oh man, that's like what Electronic arts did with motor city online!

"as a token of our appreciation for your prolonged support, we will gladly trade your copy of MCO for The Sims at no charge"

ah! man, MCO was great.

and yes, I think the fact that when I play HL2 it takes 5 minutes the first time I play it since reboot to "verify files".. sooooooo lame.

haven't had any trouble loading it.

Quinn
11-19-2004, 08:23 AM
That's garbage. Valve offers me no support after someone stole my Half-Life serial and they expect me to purchase Half-Life 2? Utter bollocks. :evil: