PDA

View Full Version : Questions on dosing 2 part solutions

Tankboy
11-28-2016, 08:01 PM
So I have been dosing my tank for about a month now. I am using Two Little Fishies C Balance. After much testing and correcting I have everything dialed in and stable. For the past two weeks my tank has stayed steady at 450 Ca, 8.2 Alk and Mg is at 1425.

I just read that the product I am using should be dosed in equal amounts...I have been dosing 55ml of the Calcium during the day and 40ml of the Alk at night. Do I need to adjust one of the two levels to reflect the other? If I do raise one or lower the other, will that not cause that particular value to fall out of line?

Took me along time to get my numbers where they should be and stable....don't want to screw it up now!

Tim

Galizio
11-28-2016, 09:11 PM
When using c-balance you have to dose both same amount, alk and calcium levels have to be adjusted with other product and when you reach the desired amount you dose c- balance A & B same amount daily.
After that you can just check your alk if it is where you want it to be you dosing good ,if not you have to adjust to the number you try to achieve. But remember not to use c-balance to fix your alk and calcium level ... when you got your alk figure it out your calcium just balance it self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheelman76
11-28-2016, 11:14 PM
When using c-balance you have to dose both same amount, alk and calcium levels have to be adjusted with other product and when you reach the desired amount you dose c- balance A & B same amount daily.
After that you can just check your alk if it is where you want it to be you dosing good ,if not you have to adjust to the number you try to achieve. But remember not to use c-balance to fix your alk and calcium level ... when you got your alk figure it out your calcium just balance it self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said !