PDA

View Full Version : LF: AI Hydra 26 HD - 2 units

pet-lover
11-25-2016, 06:09 PM
If you happened to upgrade your lighting this weekend or thinking about it. I am looking for 2 units of AI Hydra 26 HD (HD only please). White or Black - Not looking for mounting, but if package price is right I would consider as well.

Alternatively, 2 units Radion XR15 G3 (G3 only... or for some reason you're selling G4 for cheap, sure!) are considerable options for me as well.

PM if you would like to chat about it. Single unit offers welcome as well.

Thanks!

element291
12-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Curious - what would be considered an upgrade from a hydra 26HD or 52HD? These lights I thought were top of the line top of the market.

pet-lover
12-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Not from my personal experience, but through researching which LEDs, I have found people see the AI H-HDs and radions as the best.

Most people find them relatively equal spectrum wise to each other (they do use almost identical LEDs). However (i assume) due to the lenses and LED placement, some people find slightly different results between the two fixtures.

What I see as an upgrade to stand alone 26 HDs would be either:
1) T5s with Kessil combo
2) multiple 52 HDs/xr30r pros - aka more fixtures dimmed down

Although this is more relevant for SPS reefs.

element291
12-05-2016, 08:02 PM
One big thing that just messed me up is that they took away the apex awm controller support on the HD models. I have 3 non HD 52s and just got my new 52HD in the mail today to realize I can't connect it to my apex to apply my current lights config.
I also cannot return it ��
The non HD is $200 less for intensities you'll never exceed to need the HD anyway...

Also sorry to get off topic from the LF

pet-lover
12-05-2016, 11:43 PM
Not a worry. That's actually something I didn't know! Although I dont use an apex I bet that would inconvenience a lot of people.

I did a bit of reading, and from what I read, I bet AI won't put awm support until they make their AI-FI/software flawless