PDA

View Full Version : High Head / low power consumption return pump

subnet88
11-21-2016, 08:24 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a high head pump ( 16ft) with 1 1/2 pipe with low power consumption and a good flow at the high head height. Currently Im running a Jaebo DC12000 and the flow is lower than I would like.

Thoughts?

warriorcookie
11-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a high head pump ( 16ft) with 1 1/2 pipe with low power consumption and a good flow at the high head height. Currently Im running a Jaebo DC12000 and the flow is lower than I would like.

Thoughts?

Have you looked into ReeFlo? Not DC, so going to draw more power than the Jaebo.

How much flow do you need at 16'?

Look at the Barracuda/Hammerhead and Yellowtail.

daplatapus
11-26-2016, 09:54 PM
Also are you looking for an internal or external pump? I ran a Hammerhead for a while on mine (14' of head). I switched to internal using a DC powered (Waveline) pump I too was disappointed in it's performance. It was no where near what is advertised.
I now run a Laguna pond pump. I'm still running my original pump I bought nearly 5 years ago...

FishyFishy!
11-27-2016, 12:05 AM
Well if you have the money....you could always get a vectra L1, or a red dragon.

Aside from that, you'd have to look at external options like a reeflo or a panworld.

subnet88
11-27-2016, 07:51 PM
Im running inin-sump pump. I have tried the L1 and it wasn't much more real-life flow than the Jaebo. I'm pretty sure the modded off the shell tank I use for my sump is tempered glass, so I can't drill for an external pump.

I used the Danner Pondmaster 6000 for a while,m and it provided the flow I wanted, however the stainless impeller warped and destroyed the pump.

smokinreefer
04-06-2017, 03:43 AM
Hey,

What did you end up going with?

whatcaneyedo
04-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Im running inin-sump pump. I have tried the L1 and it wasn't much more real-life flow than the Jaebo. I'm pretty sure the modded off the shell tank I use for my sump is tempered glass, so I can't drill for an external pump.

I used the Danner Pondmaster 6000 for a while,m and it provided the flow I wanted, however the stainless impeller warped and destroyed the pump.

Old thread and you've probably found a solution by now... but I thought I'd point out that you don't have to drill a tank to use an external pump. Run the intake plumbing up and over the side of the sump, include a small line with a ball valve that will allow you to suck the air out of that plumbing and place another full size ball valve on the output of the pump to close while sucking.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh109/whatcaneyedo/Picture%201343_zps0f3inhck.jpg