PDA

View Full Version : Show me your Aquarium!!!

Xtasia
11-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Soo....

I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

I'd like to get around 5-10 people around the Burnaby area to agree to an aquarium crawl. We'll go house to house and check out each other's tanks, chat a bit.... (I'll provide nibbles at my place, nothing fancy just some appies...)

If you are interested send me a tell.. We can do this in a week or so...

(Seahorse, are you in? :) )

Tom R
11-18-2004, 02:19 AM
Xtasia

I would like to be part of the tour. I certainly could handle a small group to view my setup. I live in Cloverdale 15 - 20 minutes from J&L.

Tom R

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-18-2004, 04:56 PM
I'm in, but this week is super busy. Finished editing at 2am last night. :frown: So many students, so little time. I don't mind having a group of reefers over. I'll even provide some food as well.

How's next Sunday afternoon for everyone interested? That would be the 28th. (It's Grey Cup Sunday this weekend - anyone want to come over to watch the game on my in-laws' 50inch screen (Burnaby-3 min. from Metrotown)? - pm or email ant_shieh@hotmail.com)

Tom R
11-19-2004, 03:28 AM
Nov 28 is fine with me

Tom R

props
11-19-2004, 03:55 AM
i'm in sunday's no go for me though =o(
i'm about 20mins away from jnls
bear creek area

Chad
11-19-2004, 05:57 AM
I'd do it but I am in Surrey...

props
11-19-2004, 09:20 PM
we should have one here in surrey instead of bby heheh

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-22-2004, 06:55 AM
Xtasia,

Are we doing this tour or not? Haven't seen any posts from you about this proposed tour for a while. :sad: You'll have to get names, addresses & phone numbers soon if it's going to happen. Should we (those interested) pm you our address so we have an idea of how many & who were visiting? Is next Sunday good or should we do it some other day?

Anthony (overworked & burning out - another 12 hours editing papers) :rolleyes:

Scales
11-22-2004, 11:35 PM
I would love to see some other tanks and of course offer my tank up for "inspection". I live in Langley (Walnut Grove - just off Highway 1 at 200th Street...without traffic, J&L is about a 15 minute drive).

Sundays usually work for me.

Cheers.

Jack
11-23-2004, 10:59 PM
If I had my home tank going I'd be all for it.

Should be a couple months before I see my tank up again.

Xtasia
11-23-2004, 11:29 PM
So far only 3 people interested from burnaby... many have posted that they are interested, but they live all over the lower mainland from Vancouver to Cloverdale...

It could be VERY tiring to try to hit all of them...

What do you think?

Jack
11-24-2004, 12:10 AM
I can vouch that they are worth the drive.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-24-2004, 07:06 AM
If I can finish my work and actually take a whole day off, I'm willing to drive if people chip in for the gas. I've got a 5 seat CRV so I could take 4 passengers easily. If we plan out the route we could probably go to see reef tanks (and reefers :lol: ) along the Trans-Canada then turn south to visit Surrey. The other option is we break it up into 2 separate day trips and do Surrey on another day, if there are enough people there. The house will be empty so we can finish the trip at my place & I can cook some food or we can order take-out, or both. As a tutor, I drive to Surrey at least twice a week so the distance is not a problem.

Call me or email me with what you want to do, Xtasia. If it's going to happen this weekend, you'll have to get the ball rolling ASAP.

& now, back to work. Yeesh, midnight already & still 2 papers to edit :cry: :cry:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-24-2004, 07:06 AM
If I can finish my work and actually take a whole day off, I'm willing to drive if people chip in for the gas. I've got a 5 seat CRV so I could take 4 passengers easily. If we plan out the route we could probably go to see reef tanks (and reefers :lol: ) along the Trans-Canada then turn south to visit Surrey. The other option is we break it up into 2 separate day trips and do Surrey on another day, if there are enough people there. The house will be empty so we can finish the trip at my place & I can cook some food or we can order take-out, or both. As a tutor, I drive to Surrey at least twice a week so the distance is not a problem.

Call me or email me with what you want to do, Xtasia. If it's going to happen this weekend, you'll have to get the ball rolling ASAP.

& now, back to work. Yeesh, midnight already & still 2 papers to edit :cry: :cry:

Xtasia
11-25-2004, 10:32 PM
Let's do it Sunday, Dec. 5th.

If you are interested and live in the LOWER MAINLAND send me a private message with your NAME and Phone Number. Please also include your Address if you are interested in letting people see your tank.

With the people that submit, I'll try to plan a route. We might not hit all the tanks, but all the people who want to Tank hop, are welcome to join in...

Its ON!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-26-2004, 05:28 AM
I'm in. You've got PM.

Tigger
11-29-2004, 04:26 AM
Morgan and I would like to join the tour as well.

Xtasia
11-30-2004, 03:24 AM
tigger check your msgs..

Morgan I need you to send me..

Name:
Address:
Phone:

Thanks!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-01-2004, 07:49 AM
Xtasia,

Call me or PM me before the weekend so we can coordinate rides & figure out routes & tanks to see. Ruck has kindly offered to pick up 2 people along the way from Abbie if needed. My wife is joining us so I can take 3 passengers. Do we want to meet at your place or mine? If you want me to arrange dinner, I'll have to get final numbers ahead of time. I can make smoked salmon fried rice & some other stuff (love to cook) or we can order take out. Live 3 minutes from Metrotown so restaurants galore around here. Or we can just go eat out somewhere inexpensive & talk shop (fish/corals/inverts/tanks/equipment...you get the message).

Everyone else interested in touring:

Get us your name & number so we can make arrangements. Plan on a full day or else we won't have time to see more than 2-3 tanks.

Ruck (aka Rob),
Thanks for the offer. I'm sure there's a couple of reefers who would totally appreciate a ride in.

Xtasia
12-03-2004, 09:41 PM
The Tank Tour is a go! Please meet me at my place @ 12:00 NOON Sunday Dec. 5. I live in Burnaby (msg me for address. I'm not posting it publicly).

Anthony and I discussed it. We’d start in Burnaby, venture briefly into Vancouver, come back to Anthony’s place, then head into Surrey for the last 2 tanks. Afterwards, if people were inclined we could have dinner somewhere (affordable) or head back to Anthony’s. We hope to be done by 6:00.

People who want to come, but don’t have a tank to share, are of course welcome to join us. Please pass this on, just make sure they contact me so I know how many people to expect.

If you have any questions, please contact me at 604-XXX-XXXX. My name is Ivy.

See you Sunday!

Chad
12-03-2004, 10:43 PM
I won't be able to attend the tank hop.. but if people decide to go into surrey. Xtasia has my cell number. You can call and come over and have a look..