PDA

View Full Version : group buy

Cujo#31
11-05-2016, 10:35 PM
I have found an honest guy. Not a dealer, just a guy that carries some crazy azz livestock. Mostly SPS but rumor has it he also carries some real nice LPS. I've received a few pcs from him already and everything arrived alive, is thriving in my tank, and cam AS ADERTISED. Seeing as he is not a dealer and not interested in the headaches of becoming one every pic he sends of livestock is "as-is" and there is no photoshop, no saturation, no gimmicks, just straight goods. Let me know. As I said before, just a hobbyist. ....with some INSANE pieces. I have placed another order with him already, so if anyone e wants in let me know and I will get him to send me over some pics or a roster of goods with pricing. By the way...his prices are very fair. Definitely not "dealer pricing"

BobFish
11-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Interested in seeing what he has?

alaree_990018
11-06-2016, 01:17 AM
I might be interested

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Cujo#31
11-06-2016, 01:58 AM
I've asked him to put together a list of pcs he is willing to frag or part with. Once he gets that to me I'll PM anyone interested.

vanreefer
11-06-2016, 02:26 AM
Add me to the list Gary
Cheers.

F.H
11-06-2016, 03:10 AM
Me as well, thanks Gary!

Reef-Geek
11-06-2016, 04:00 AM
Please add me too, Gray.

jhj0112
11-06-2016, 04:18 AM
I may be interested as well. thx

dc4
11-06-2016, 04:59 PM
I'd be interested in lps.

Coasting
11-06-2016, 05:56 PM
If there was a list perhaps?
No info on who this person is? Where they are? Info on their tank? Live arrival guarantee? What method of shipping? Are they an experienced shipper?
What does is have that locals here dont? Or are the prices that much cheaper or something?

Cujo#31
11-06-2016, 09:04 PM
If there was a list perhaps?
No info on who this person is? Where they are? Info on their tank? Live arrival guarantee? What method of shipping? Are they an experienced shipper?
What does is have that locals here dont? Or are the prices that much cheaper or something?

I'm not giving out info. He is not interested in a "circus". Some guys just dont want the attention, and too many cooks at the stove only leads to confusion. As far as your other questions Gina, as I said, I have received livestock from him already and if I felt there were any concerns I would not have already placed another order. A list will be coming. This is not something he was prepared for until he and I started talking about it yesterday. About all I can say is those that want in, can get in. Those that don't want in have that option too. My order is already large enough to cover shipping so this is an oportunity for people to get their hands on livestock not so "readily available" out here. If I was even remotely concerned I would not have put it out there. About all I can say

Ryanerickson
11-06-2016, 09:12 PM
For the most part in bc the only way to find the rare high end new to market sps is thru people like this. This may not be for everybody. But Its all a part of the game for us sps Addicts. Thanks for setting this up Gary send me a list when you get it please and thanks.

BobFish
11-06-2016, 09:12 PM
love to see the list, and prices and pictures

Cujo#31
11-06-2016, 09:19 PM
For the most part in bc the only way to find the rare high end new to market sps is thru people like this. This may not be for everybody. But Its all a part of the game for us sps Addicts. Thanks for setting this up Gary send me a list when you get it please and thanks.

Thanks Ryan. Anyone that knows me should know me well enough I'm not willing to sell out fellow reefers for my benefit and won't lead anyone down the road for personal gain. I promise as soon as I get the list and pics I'll share.

Cujo#31
11-06-2016, 09:22 PM
I should also add that I have told him many out here have an LPS fetish and to make sure we get a roster of what he might have available. PM me with special requests. He has stuff from "more commonly found" to "ABSOLUTELY INSANE"

Coasting
11-06-2016, 09:30 PM
I'm not giving out info. He is not interested in a "circus". Some guys just dont want the attention, and too many cooks at the stove only leads to confusion. As far as your other questions Gina, as I said, I have received livestock from him already and if I felt there were any concerns I would not have already placed another order. A list will be coming. This is not something he was prepared for until he and I started talking about it yesterday. About all I can say is those that want in, can get in. Those that don't want in have that option too. My order is already large enough to cover shipping so this is an oportunity for people to get their hands on livestock not so "readily available" out here. If I was even remotely concerned I would not have put it out there. About all I can say

Knowing who your livestock is from isnt creating a circus. When money is involved people should be allowed to know who its going to.
This is insane. I asked simple questions anyone should have a right to ask before they decide if they want in especially if the seller refuses to make themselves known.

Cujo#31
11-06-2016, 09:37 PM
All I can tell u Gina is its not a dealer. He has made a simple request, and I will honor his request. I'm simply trying to open an oportunity to fellow reefers. I agree an support your opinion. I trust him is about all I can offer. I trust him enough to have placed a significant order. I can assure you I work as hard for my dollars as anyone else. He doesn't have to sell to anyone. He doesn't have to share any of his rare gems with anyone. I'm not going to put a gun to anyone's head. Either ur interested or not, in or not. Even if a single piece is not added to the order I have in......some spectacular corals are on their way west....

Wheelman76
11-06-2016, 10:22 PM
Knowing who your livestock is from isnt creating a circus. When money is involved people should be allowed to know who its going to.
This is insane. I asked simple questions anyone should have a right to ask before they decide if they want in especially if the seller refuses to make themselves known.

I have an easy solution for you. DONT JOIN!!!!

Ryanerickson
11-06-2016, 10:32 PM

I agree why you hating on this great opertunity who cares about the source if it's legit and I I'm sure it is. Gary is a man to his word and is offering people a great opertunity to get some one of a kind gems for our tanks.

Cujo#31
11-06-2016, 10:45 PM
Thanks both Jess and Ryan. Anyone who spends any amount of time on this forum knows I have been searching for crazy SPS. I have attempted a couple times to do a group thru a couple sites that had items of intrest to me and I got cold feet when I would receive info from trusted sources. This guy has reached out to me a few times. Finally I gave him a shot and the rest is history folks. I want sweet sticks, he has stuff that can't be found here without selling off your first born. He is willing to share. I trust him. The 6 pcs I have in my tank from him are thriving. Good enough for me. You can sit out if you wish.

acepumping
11-06-2016, 11:28 PM
HOLY CRAP!
I can't vouch, guy is a great guy .. have done lots of shipping and no, not a store. Just a CORAL HOARDER like us..

Our selection sucks here compared to what they got.

acepumping
11-06-2016, 11:32 PM

See gary, this is why I stopped group buys.. too much of a headache for what it's worth..
And yes GINA, you ask alot of people, they don't want the attention.. like I said I vouch for it and back 10000%

vanreefer
11-07-2016, 12:54 AM

+1

dcw1sfu
11-07-2016, 01:05 AM
Gary add me to the list when you get a run down of what's available.

Cujo#31
11-07-2016, 01:10 AM
Ok. So if we can get this one back on the rails please. I have a significant order of of my own of SPS ready to ship with this guy. The guy is willing to share with you guys if you wish to have a shot at some SPS/LPS that may not be readily available out here. I'm not looking to pad the order for free shipping. Rest assured my order alone MORE THAN COVERS SHIPPING. I will not broadcast the guy's name. He does not want the attention . He is putting together a list with some pics. Anyone interested can join in the fun. Anyone who may have reservations regarding the arrangement which I completely understand can just watch.....and probably kick their own buts when this is done. No hard feelings, no judging, it's a free country folks. Hop on or let the bus drive by.

Galizio
11-07-2016, 01:52 AM
I'll like to see what's available ...
Thanks for doing this Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myka
11-07-2016, 01:59 AM
I'd be interested to see a list if it really is rare sticks I can't get myself. :D

tang daddy
11-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Interested aswell Gary, thanks for setting this up, are you broadcasting the pics on here or pm/texting everyone?

Cujo#31
11-07-2016, 09:00 PM
I seem to be answering the same types of questions so hopefully you all catch this update and possibly clarification.
The idea of the group buy was only hatched Saturday afternoon, and by me, not him. Being a hobbyist like the rest of us and having a job and a family often gets in the way of the things we would rather do. So don't expect a list "tomorrow". It has also been a "topic" on this thread, but I will say it again. The hobbyist agreed to do this but asked to remain anonymous. I have to respect that. You can take that however you wish. You can spin it 30 different ways if you want. I don't care. But you are either in or out. You either want a shot at some rare pieces or not. And either way my order will ship and you can come by and drool on my carpet...LMAO.
Some of the details;
1) Shipping date - Will most likely be a short window not exceeding 2 weeks from release of list. May be affected by healing times if certain pieces have to be clipped.
2) Payments ONLY by EMT for 2 reasons. First is a receipt for both parties. Second is EMT comes with a time stamp so in the event of order conflict, first come first served. I have no idea how many pieces will even be offered.
3) There will be limited quantities of livestock. Big fish eats the little one.....or first come first served folks
4) Most likely a more "central" (than Chilliwack) shipping drop/coral pick up. No deliveries, won't do any more than put arrivals into a QT tank for recovery but tank will not be "holding" pieces for long. Will not dip, will not do anything to any piece except take it from the shipping bag and get it in some flow and lighting for recovery from shipping.
5) Guy is predominantly SPS but does have some LPS. Ive asked him to try to add LPS to the list

Cujo#31
11-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Interested aswell Gary, thanks for setting this up, are you broadcasting the pics on here or pm/texting everyone?
Pics and list will be shared maybe by email or text, or something like that. But I won't be putting the list out for the world to see Chris.

Cujo#31
11-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Pricing list on its way today for SPS. Best way to share is by text. Text me and make sure you add ur name.

Scarrao
11-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Would love a copy gary

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BobFish
11-09-2016, 11:46 PM
I would love one too please

maron6977
11-10-2016, 04:38 AM
Texted you for list , thanks for arranging !
You da man

purplepolypeater
12-07-2016, 05:53 PM
Had a busy couple weeks of my brother in law wedding parties and drinking. Missed the deadline obviously did you guys get the goods? Lets see some pics!

DKoKoMan
12-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Is it only available to the BC area?

Cujo#31
12-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Is it only available to the BC area?

I'm able to send you a link to a list if you PM me a text#
My shipment arrives in about an hour. The sticker shock may have been too much for many this close to Christmas. Anyone that didn't order.....I'll post some pics when I'm ready to frag....😆
Cheers all

Cujo#31
12-10-2016, 04:27 PM
As we all know I'm not a photographer. I will tell you all that everything arrived in good shape. Packaged VERY well. 29 minutes after acclimation routine the polyps were out. Full PR within 24 hours (probably sooner but I was at work).
As I said in original post, everything came as advertised. Frag size is generous. So stoked to watch my new candies grow now. I'm doing another order in February👍👍👍👍👍🍺wish this forum.would make loading pictures easier. I'll. Try later

Myka
12-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Post from your phone using Tapatalk App. Super easy. :)

Cujo#31
12-10-2016, 08:05 PM
Post from your phone using Tapatalk App. Super easy. :)

Well Mindy.......u obviously don't know me 😂😂😂😉😉😉
I get lost in drop box.

Myka
12-11-2016, 12:26 AM
:lol: