PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in water changes

Dearth
11-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Did my first water change in almost a month had grand plans of changing out 2 rocks today got everything in place took out 30 gallons of water exposed rock with Anthelias on it got the kalk paste treatment took out one rock which turned out to be an adventure that cost me some skin and several bites from my friggen clownhole on exposed skin

Finally got it changed out then started working on my second rock and as I was moving it started to curse and swear a blue streak then some as 3 of my sea cucumbers were either stretched into that rock from another or were totally hidden within the rock I wanted to replace.

So with several more caustic words to the cucumbers I put it back in place then proceeded to knock several of my corals over as I was team attacked by my friggen clownholes who actually jumped out of the water and bit my arm near my elbow. Finally got everything put back in place and started filling the tank with water.

End result flesh is missing from three points on my arm thanks to my clownholes, rubber gloves I was wearing chewed to shit by the rock I was trying to save and my pride sunk below my waist. Happy fish though especially my clownholes.

Animal-Chin
11-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Lol been there. I had the meanest clowns ever once. Maniacs...lol

Myka
11-05-2016, 11:19 PM
Thank you for sharing this awesome story! I can see it happening...hehehe. Clownholes....hehehehe.

e46er
11-06-2016, 02:07 AM
My clown is by far the meanest fish in the tank

Dearth
11-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Worst part is I actually like my Clownholes but be damned if I ever get any more of the buggers

I'd rather stick my hand into a piranha tank than stick my hand in with Clownholes

Treebeard
11-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Clownholes, love it! Yup, I have a couple of those too, but I cannot really blame them for being so protective of the corner of the tank they have been laying eggs in.

toytech
11-09-2016, 02:49 AM
Clownfish on toast with mustard would probably be pretty good , if mine ends up all bitey thats where hes going.