PDA

View Full Version : is there a meeting in June?

BC_Grl
05-16-2002, 04:10 AM
Hello, looks like I just missed the Victoria meeting! Damn!
Do you meet once a month? Do you alternate between the Island and Mainland? What happens at these meetings? It sounds like people made tours of different tanks in each person's home??? Wow...

Cheers,
jeanna

Aquattro
05-16-2002, 05:24 AM
Jeanna, the meetings are generally on the mainland due to the majority of the participants living there. We car pool from the Island for the day. The meetings are pretty much an informal get together at this point, where we discuss mostly tank related things. Of course things proceed along alternate tangents within the group. The meetings are hosted by one of the members and we eat, drink and all that stuff. Frag trading is always a popular activity and a chance to get unique corals you wouldn't other wise get a chance to obtain. Overall, they're enjoyable and well worth the trip over. The expense is minimal if we get 5 or 6 people from here going, and it is a great excuse to hit J&L for some goodies.
I'll touch base with you when the next meeting is scheduled and see if you want to join us. Is your husband also interested in these meetings? If so, we'll count you as two. Bye-

christyf5
05-29-2002, 11:51 PM
Sooooo, whos gonna volunteer for the June meeting??? Anyone?? :D

DJ88
05-30-2002, 01:22 AM
hmm.. I may.. depending on numbers involved. Lets get a list here. I am free all weekends. Let's get a consensus here.

Silverfish
05-30-2002, 01:42 AM
I can go the weekends of the 15th or 22nd. :D

Aquattro
05-30-2002, 01:49 AM
I'm with Bruce on the dates.

StirCrazy
05-30-2002, 02:31 AM
thoes dates might be good for me also.

Steve

DJ88
05-30-2002, 02:38 AM
Well I can "make room" and host. lol. give me a chance to show the tank off. :D braggart aren't I?

canadawest
05-30-2002, 03:49 AM
Darren, my offer to host still stands if you'd prefer not to have us all into your place. The weekend of the 22nd sounds good as there aren't any World Cup matches that afternoon. ;)

We could have the meeting, food, drinks, etc at my place, then do a small tank tour after, including your place. I'm sure most people will want to check out J&L and Big Al's that day anyways, and they're both less than 5 mins from your place.

But if you don't mind hosting everyone at your place for the next meeting, I'll take the one after (July).

christyf5
05-30-2002, 11:47 PM
I'm good to go whenever you guys are. I feel like I havent' been over there in ages tongue.gif

Christy smile.gif

BCReefer
05-31-2002, 12:28 AM
I'm good anytime anywhere.

Cheers,
Patrick

Son Of Skyline
05-31-2002, 12:31 AM
I still have yet to attend a meet so I'm looking forward to the next one on the mainland. Hopefully it won't be on a race weekend for me *crossing my fingers* smile.gif

reefburnaby
05-31-2002, 12:55 AM
Hi,

I am thinking of attending this one....so count me in.

- Victor.

DJ88
05-31-2002, 01:00 AM
Well I like the idea of having it between two places. Where I am so close to J&L is even more convenient. How about start here for an hour or so, J&L then Andrews for BBQ and hang out on the deck? I am sure arrangements can be made with John and Alan to package any critters for a longer day. Anyone up for this?

reason being I want to sit on the deck and watch the sun go down with a beer and burger in my hand. ;)

hee hee.

canadawest
05-31-2002, 03:52 AM
Sounds like a good day to me, so if Darren and I as "co-hosts" are in agreement, I think it's a done deal.

Shall we start a new thread with the invitation and info? smile.gif

PS... Keep in mind that the meeting would be on June 22nd, the day after the Summer Solstice or the "longest day of the year", so be prepared to have a few beers and a very long sit on my deck if you still intend to watch the sun go down!!! tongue.gif

Although I must say that sunsets are often quite spectacular from there. :cool:

BCReefer
05-31-2002, 12:01 PM
Let the good times roll.

Cheers,

christyf5
05-31-2002, 08:11 PM
Crap I can't make it on the 22nd. I forgot I have a wedding to go to. Granted it is in Vancouver... Hmm, I wonder if I could skip out after the ceremony and come to the meeting in between that and the reception tongue.gif

Addicted?? Me?? Naaahhhh. ;)

Christy smile.gif

One_Divided
06-01-2002, 01:00 AM
22nd works for me.. we'll have to make driving arrangements.. :D

BC_Grl
06-02-2002, 12:37 AM
I can probably make it. :rolleyes: My husband, Andy will be working, so it'd be just me. But I would LOVE to go back to J&L's. All I was able to see when I went to Mainland was J&L and Big Ed's. And I would love to meet you all!

Jeanna

BC_Grl
06-02-2002, 12:45 AM
I forgot to ask: Is there anyone I could car-pool with? I don't have a vehicle and would otherwise be taking the bus.

thanks,
jeanna

Mak
06-03-2002, 05:56 AM
BC_Grl, check your PM's. BTW its King Ed's and the other one is Big Al's ;) .

BC_Grl
06-03-2002, 11:28 PM
I have no PM's from you-- not recent (couple days ago).
Yes, I know I got the two mixed up... but at least I know where I'd be going lol

Mak
06-04-2002, 01:58 AM
:D

One_Divided
06-04-2002, 10:21 PM
I can't make the 22nd now but I could the 15th.. Going to the cabin on saltspring :D

Bruce, I was gonna invite you and meagan too. if you're interested in coming this time..

Troy F
06-05-2002, 01:12 AM
I can't make it either guys/gals. It is my oldest boy's birthday. I might be able to swing by Andrew's for a quick chat since it is about five minutes from my place but that is about it.

canadawest
06-05-2002, 08:33 PM
Sounds like it will be a late afternoon/evening affair Troy, so perhaps if your son's b-day events are earlier in the day you'll still have an opportunity to make it later?

Plus, with the BBQ and beers happening, it's likely going to be just as much a get-together as it is a Reef Club meeting, so I'm sure the kids would be welcome to come and enjoy the day as well.

With that said, be sure to bring spouses/kids if they are interested, it will be a family event.