PDA

View Full Version : LF: Silversides

Chaner888
10-26-2016, 01:39 PM
Can anyone tell me where to get a good source of silversides for my BTA?? Thanks so Much :smile:

warriorcookie
10-26-2016, 01:48 PM
Your LFS should have them.

lemon604
10-26-2016, 06:45 PM
I got mine from superstore and they are super cheap

Myka
10-27-2016, 01:40 AM
Keep in mind that feeding fish like Silversides that have bones in them adds significantly more phosphate to your tank than feeding something like krill. Also, watch grocery store foods for phosphate additives which are used as preservatives and flavor enhancers.

Chaner888
10-27-2016, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the tip Mindy and everyone who responded. I went to Wai (LF) got some Hikari. I read about grocery silversides.

lemon604
10-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Keep in mind that feeding fish like Silversides that have bones in them adds significantly more phosphate to your tank than feeding something like krill. Also, watch grocery store foods for phosphate additives which are used as preservatives and flavor enhancers.

oh no! I didn't know about the preservatives. The one I got is fresh and not the frozen kind. I wash it before I feed it to my nem and give only half. My lobster loves it too and thankfully, no one died so far. I better stop feeding it to them.

Myka
10-28-2016, 01:20 AM
oh no! I didn't know about the preservatives. The one I got is fresh and not the frozen kind. I wash it before I feed it to my nem and give only half. My lobster loves it too and thankfully, no one died so far. I better stop feeding it to them.

Check the label, or ask the butcher. Not all of them have preservatives.