PDA

View Full Version : LF - 50ml Dosing Pump

byee
10-22-2016, 02:58 AM
I'm looking for a 50ml dosing pump for my ATO setup.

tang daddy
10-24-2016, 04:46 PM
You could probably use an aqualifter or maxijet.

byee
10-25-2016, 12:49 AM
Done that. The water continues to siphon from the reservoir into my tank after the power to the pump has been turned off.

Looking to trying a dosing pump to help alleviate the problem

tang daddy
10-25-2016, 04:33 PM
Very easy, just need to add a siphon break... I use a maxijet and added a T connection.one tube going to your sump the other pointing up at the ceiling and Make sure the tubing going up is higher than the ato tank/reservoir . Alternatively if you use a aqualifter you don't need a siphon break as those will stop when power is cut out but to be safe run the hose higher than the ato res/ tank!

corallivore
10-25-2016, 11:13 PM
I bought a dosing kit a while back that I have not hooked up yet.

I think 2 pumps. a bunch of additives and a reef keeper lite.

Interested in the whole shebang?

byee
10-26-2016, 05:18 AM
Very easy, just need to add a siphon break... I use a maxijet and added a T connection.one tube going to your sump the other pointing up at the ceiling and Make sure the tubing going up is higher than the ato tank/reservoir . Alternatively if you use a aqualifter you don't need a siphon break as those will stop when power is cut out but to be safe run the hose higher than the ato res/ tank!

I was using a maxi jet a couple years back but switched over to the aqualifter. I'm also using a solenoid valve with my aqualifter since water continues to be siphoned slowly when powered off. I want to loose the water valve solenoid power adapter......just too many wires.

This is why I'm looking at using a 50ml dosing pump

I bought a dosing kit a while back that I have not hooked up yet.

I think 2 pumps. a bunch of additives and a reef keeper lite.

Interested in the whole shebang?

Thanks but no thanks. I already have an Apex with an Apex doser.

gregzz4
10-26-2016, 07:19 PM
Have you tried this yet? Put a T in line as Chris suggested, but run it back to the ATO above the waterline

gregzz4
12-02-2016, 02:10 AM
You ever solve this issue?

byee
12-02-2016, 03:08 AM
Still using the aqualifter pump.