PDA

View Full Version : New Article from WallyB

Reef Supplies
10-18-2016, 05:01 PM
Hello everyone,

We have added a new article to our blog, http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/blog/

RED HALLOWEEN SYNDROME – Cyano and Algae in your Display Tank by WallyB

PART 1 (Lessons learned for One Success):
You will find plenty of articles, posts and advertisements with Stories and Photo’s of Spectacular Reef Display Tanks. I personally have read many, and tried to do everything that those people have successfully done. There are some really good tips in those “Here is how I run my Beautiful Tank” stories. However what you’ll find sometimes missing, is the not told stories of mistakes, failures and adjustments, to Eventually Get Things Right. Everyone is a rookie, in whatever you start doing in life. Reef aquarium hobby survival/success is no exception. Far from it!!!

My personal (learned) philosophy toward this fascinating hobby which I really love and sometimes hate is to learn as much as a can before taking on too much risk. Especially from learning hands-on making mistakes. Not on purpose like turning your water heater to 100 degrees to see what happens, but by knowing a heater thermostat can fail.... read the full article here > http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/blog/2016/10/17/red-halloween-syndrome-cyano-and-algae-in-your-display-tank/

Don't forget, we want your articles!

We are still looking for MORE authors that have an interest in reef and saltwater aquaria.

We are looking for articles in ANYTHING saltwater related. Want to write about your test kit? How about how you battled and won (or lost) a fight against cyano? Trouble maintaining Calcium? Write about. Trouble with dirty pumps? How do you clean you filter socks? Did you DIY anything? Salt mixing station? Experience with a particular fish, coral or invert? You get the point… ANYTHING, ANYTHING, ANYTHING saltwater related.

If you are a writer, enthusiast or have never written before but would like to give it a try then we would be more than happy to review your work and get it published on our new blog.

Happy reefing!