PDA

View Full Version : Share good experiences with Canreef members!

Myka
10-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Have you had an especially good transaction with a Canreef member? Maybe a Canreef member helped you with your tank? Maybe a Canreef member helped you with something non-fish related? Please share your stories!

Myka
10-11-2016, 01:41 PM
I'll start it off...

When I moved to Saskatoon from Kelowna I left my 33-gallon reef in BC for the time being. A Canreef member offered to pack up my livestock, rock, and equipment so my mom could drive it all out for me. She did such a good job that I didn't lose any fish, coral, or inverts on the 1400 km trip. I did pay her, but it was really helpful and saved me a trip to BC.

ramasule
10-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Wow, nice!

brotherd
10-12-2016, 05:59 AM
I had Snappy to my home on a weekend to look at the whole system and offer suggestions on what I might be overlooking and ways to improve. An invaluable visit. Thanks again Snappy. I will definitely apply that insight to the new tank.

Bblinks
10-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Ricereef for being a A plus reefer. Sharing all the secrets and taking care of the boys on the mainland for all their coral needs. Hats off to you sir!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-13-2016, 10:28 AM
Got to know Chin Lee when I was over at his house buying some corals and ended up buying his lovebird as well.

We became friends on our epic Calgary 23 hours roadtrip to pick up his 4' 300g cube tank to bring home to Surrey.

When my 6' 220g blewout a few years ago, Chin decided to shut down his 165g and GAVE me his custom tank for FREE to help me out of a bad situation. What a great guy.

He's no longer on Canreef (no more sw tanks) but we're still best of friends and someone I met through Canreef.

I'll post more stories about other great Canreef members I've had the pleasure of meeting and dealing with over the years when I have time. It's now 3:30 am, finally finished work and its time to get back to bed.

Cheers & hope nobody loses power during the predicted 3 major storms heading to BC and Metro Van.

Anthony

Myka
10-13-2016, 01:26 PM
Awesome stories - keep them coming! :)

Myka
10-19-2016, 02:43 AM
More stories everyone! :)

tang daddy
10-21-2016, 09:39 AM
I'd like to thank Galizeo for help driving me go to the Sunshine Coast to pick up my tank and bringing it back, also want to thank Rich and Peter for helping me set up, test and plumb the tank, and lastly want to thank Ryan, Dave, Hung, Jess, Wayne, Warren, Mike and everyone above for the frags, help, advice, friendship and generosity all these years of my reefing hobby. This site has definitely opened up friendships that will last a lifetime!

Ryanerickson
10-21-2016, 02:45 PM
I'd like to thank Galizeo for help driving me go to the Sunshine Coast to pick up my tank and bringing it back, also want to thank Rich and Peter for helping me set up, test and plumb the tank, and lastly want to thank Ryan, Dave, Hung, Jess, Wayne, Warren, Mike and everyone above for the frags, help, advice, friendship and generosity all these years of my reefing hobby. This site has definitely opened up friendships that will last a lifetime!

This is so true the end part. Can't even count the number of amazing people I have met thru this hobby. Many of these people are very close life long friends now.
Go reefing lol

duncangweller
10-21-2016, 03:43 PM
There are some good people around here.

I remember being sat in Rich's garage for hours staring at his frag tank whilst he offered me beer/drinks and gave me my first piece of sps (birds nest) for free to get me going.

Ryan who has graciously taken in my fish and corals for a month (which has now been 6 months) whilst I moved house.

Plus there are the countless people that pay attention to my 'LF' ads and message me when they see something for sale that I'm looking for.

All very much appreciated and something that makes this hobby worthwhile.

hunggi74
10-21-2016, 04:48 PM
I think you will see some names popping up quite a bit repeatedly because they genuinely want to help you succeed in this hobby.

BBLinks, Rice Reef, Wheelman76, Apexfd, Wardog, Mikepclo, Tang Daddy,Ryanerikson, Acepumping, Salty23 amongst others.

From helping me stock my tank, setting up equipment, lending gear, helping me move, giving me great advice and just to shoot the crap with on occasions.

I can honestly say that without these guys I'd have been out of this hobby a long time ago. My wife secretly hates them but they are all my great friends.

Ryan7
10-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Brisco!!

Has now helped me with two difficult re-aquascaping projects in my 325G.. most of which involved passing back and forth tools and rock, and being my eyes through the front pane while I hung on top of the tank... not the most exciting of jobs.

His eyes and opinions on the new rock formations I also found invaluable.

Another thanks Bryce!

warriorcookie
10-27-2016, 03:54 PM
I think you will see some names popping up quite a bit repeatedly because they genuinely want to help you succeed in this hobby.

BBLinks, Rice Reef, Wheelman76, Apexfd, Wardog, Mikepclo, Tang Daddy,Ryanerikson, Acepumping, Salty23 amongst others.

From helping me stock my tank, setting up equipment, lending gear, helping me move, giving me great advice and just to shoot the crap with on occasions.

I can honestly say that without these guys I'd have been out of this hobby a long time ago. My wife secretly hates them but they are all my great friends.

+1, but to add to this list Myka for sure. She's saved my bacon several times and her advice has excellent.

duncangweller
11-01-2016, 11:00 PM
Another one for Dave (acepumping). He baby sat my tank and walked my in-laws through the motions when I went back to the UK to visit my family. The kicker was we had a 5 day power cut the day after I left. Not a single Coral or fish died! He did better than I would have.

Kudos Dave!