PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Corner Bowfront

whaase
11-14-2004, 01:00 AM
I'm interested in a corner bow front tank. Any local have one they want to sell?

Walter

danny zubot
11-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Are you sure you want one? Sure they look nice but....

whaase
11-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Are you sure you want one? Sure they look nice but....

But what??

Walter

Nemain
11-15-2004, 06:55 PM
There is little room underneath the tank for any equipment you might need, lighting/canopies are a pita, landscaping is major hassle, and cleaning the front can be tiresome. If you know all that, and still love them, they are beautiful and always look bigger than they really are.

muck
11-15-2004, 07:10 PM
There is little room underneath the tank for any equipment you might need, lighting/canopies are a pita, landscaping is major hassle, and cleaning the front can be tiresome. If you know all that, and still love them, they are beautiful and always look bigger than they really are.
Im guessing you have or had one beth... :razz:

danny zubot
11-15-2004, 08:08 PM
There is enough room for a 15 gallon sump under my 54 corner but I'm not using the statndard stand that they come with. Florescent lighing is a pain because you need various sizes to fit over top of the tank. I went MH and solved that problem though. Here is a pic of mine, it should answer the rock scaping questions you may have.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1071danny10-med.jpg

whaase
12-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Very nice, still looking for one! Anyone?

Walter

Glampyre
12-20-2004, 01:09 AM
Hi Walter, I don't know about Calgary retailers, but if you want to come up to the frozen north, ie Edmonton (actually they were talking thunderstorms today on the radio). I have a 54 left. I heard from a suppier that Oceanic is planning to discontinue the 92 reef ready. They're keeping the regular 92, so I'm thinking they got tired of trying to figure out how to sump the corner tanks. Not enough people thinking outside the box on those. Put a bigger sump down in the basement or in an adjascent room. It's not that hard to do and doesn't really cost much more, just some extra pipe and a bigger pump. Good luck in your hunt, call me at Aquarium Illusions (780) 483 7027 if you really get stuck.
Ron

Skimmerking
12-20-2004, 02:26 AM
Ya i remember aqua scaping nemain with her one night what a pain in the butt that was, Remember Beth..

dont take that out, dont move that here, this has to go here, this and that and this and that.

Mike

danny zubot
12-20-2004, 02:10 PM
I lucked out with mine. I bought it off of a friend that used it for gekko's. I only paid $200 for it, but the tank alone can retail for up to $600.00 not including the stand.

I'd check with Petland and see if you can buy a showroom model for a reduced price. I'd also build your own stand for it so you can fit a sump under it.

Dan

whaase
12-20-2004, 10:51 PM
Ya i remember aqua scaping nemain with her one night what a pain in the butt that was, Remember Beth..

dont take that out, dont move that here, this has to go here, this and that and this and that.

Mike

For me it's a space in the living room problem... This would be a perfect fit....

Walter

Nemain
12-20-2004, 11:14 PM
If its what fits then get it =) Just know that it will be a little more work than a square tank =)

whaase
12-20-2004, 11:17 PM
If its what fits then get it =) Just know that it will be a little more work than a square tank =)

I'm trying! :biggrin: Show me a tank that wasn't more work than first thought! :lol:

Walter

chrisd
12-21-2004, 01:40 AM
I've got a 54 corner as well and I think it's great. I have the same problem with space so it fits perfect in my living room. It's totally true about the aquascaping and space under the tank but it is impressive to view. Only thing I regret with mine is that I didn't get a corner overflow so It's definitly one thing to consider because certain tanks..mine included...can't be drilled. As far as a sump goes I just had Bow Valley build me a custom 18 gallon sump. The other problem is canopies...If you want to upgrade to a canopy that sits on the tank you'll probably have to get creative with wood to make it fit right. :smile:

chrisd
12-21-2004, 01:45 AM
Oh and one other thing....consider looking in the bargain finder for your tank. I did and got a good deal. When I bought mine 2 yrs ago they had a couple of 54s and a 92 in it. I paid $400 and got the full meal deal with it....I haven't seen one priced any less than $999.00 in any of the retail shops. Just make sure you get the bargain finder on the day the new issue is released...they seem to go fast.

eposer
12-21-2004, 02:49 AM
Found this in the bargain finder in Calgary right now.
Sounds like it may have potential...

Two fish tanks w/accessories & filter, 90 gals,corner unit, $1000 /ea obo Tel: 403-273-8161

Evan.