PDA

View Full Version : 2 female mandarins...

kengeroo
10-02-2016, 11:11 PM
purchased another female mandarin,,, assuming the one I have in my tanks was a male...

wrong..

both females.. and the larger one is picking on the little one

since they are hard to catch,, should I just let nature take it's course our purchase a male to mix it up...

Skimmer Juice
10-02-2016, 11:15 PM
quit being lazy and catch one before its dead .

Craigdillman
10-03-2016, 12:26 AM
they are slow, try to get one pref the new one it dosent know better

Myka
10-03-2016, 02:10 AM
Catch one early in the morning before it comes out of its slime cocoon, or in the middle of the night would be even better. Don't turn the lights on, just a room light or something dim just enough so you can see it.

adam84
10-03-2016, 02:54 AM
Myka Catch one early in the morning before it comes out of its slime cocoon, or in the middle of the night would be even better. Don't turn the lights on, just a room light or something dim just enough so you can see it

+1 mine sleeps on the sand bed usually in the corner of the tank, just look in with a flashlight a few hours after the tank is in darkness

warriorcookie
10-03-2016, 06:17 PM
they are slow, try to get one pref the new one it dosent know better

The one and only time I had to catch a very lethargic mandrin, he turned into a streak of lightning every-time I put the net in the tank. I had to wake up before the sun and use a red light to find him and catch him...

kengeroo
10-03-2016, 07:58 PM
they are very ninja like,,, strafe left ,, strafe right,,, like the wind...

The one and only time I had to catch a very lethargic mandrin, he turned into a streak of lightning every-time I put the net in the tank. I had to wake up before the sun and use a red light to find him and catch him...

corpusse
10-04-2016, 06:57 PM
I tried putting 2 in my 180 and it lasted all of 10 minutes.

Just wait until they are at the front or an area without a lot of live rock and grab one then. I thought it would be hard to get one out but it only took a few minutes.