PDA

View Full Version : reef glue choices

Skimmer Juice
10-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Wanted to know what glue is safe to use in the reef , just ran out of echotech glue and dont want to pay $30 for a small bottle again . Seen quite a few gel glues at michaels , is there anything to look out for ingredient wise that would make it not reefsafe ? What makes the echotech glue so expensive ?

duncangweller
10-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Look for cyanoacrylate gels. I have bought many different ones over the years. From dollar store ones to cheap ones at Walmart.

The loctite stuff works well but will end up being more expensive than the Coral glue.

In my experience, value for money is in the Coral glue from your LFS.

Roskoreef
10-02-2016, 10:55 AM
Reef glue from seachem... 10-15$ but you get all the glue our everytime. Best glue imo

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Ryanerickson
10-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Gorilla glue gel works well 8 bucks at home depot and Canadian tire

Myka
10-02-2016, 04:44 PM
In my experience, value for money is in the Coral glue from your LFS.

This is what I've found too.

Reef glue from seachem... 10-15$ but you get all the glue our everytime. Best glue imo

I haven't tried this stuff yet though.

michika
10-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Cyanoacrylate is what your looking for.

Cheapest prices depend on your location. Craft/model stores often have a few different consistencies at good prices.

Basically you are looking for a super glue that is somewhat thicker to prevent messing everywhere.

Sent from space while riding a T-Rex.

Grimreaperz
10-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Yeah any Cyanoacrylate GEL works fine. Just read the warning label if it says "Contains Cyanoacrylate" you got the right stuff. You get the gel so it's easier to apply underwater without making a big mess.

Just a reminder as soon as the gel hits the water it will cure instanstly. Forming an outer layer of cured glue.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk