PDA

View Full Version : Calgary

Reefhawk1
11-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Any reefers know of any good retailers in Calgary?

Thanks

Stan

Bob I
11-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Any reefers know of any good retailers in Calgary?

Thanks

Stan

You are asking for opinion, and when speaking about retailers that is not good. We can list the retailers we frequent without prejudice, if that is what you want. :biggrin:

Vagabond
11-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Reefhawk,

There are several retailers in Calgary and each of them can have good and bad days. Prices, quality, and quantity of livestock will vary from visit to visit, and the attention you receive from the staff will also vary depending on how busy they are at the time. All of us have developed opinions about each, and there are some that I won't even visit yet others find to be very helpful, sooo

In no particular order of preference or predjudice:

Gold Aquariums
Bay "J", 4710 - 17th Ave. S.E.
(shipments usually on fridays)

Ocean Aquariums
#6, 2610 Centre St. N.E.

Big Al's
Bay 162, 8228 Macleod Trail S.W.

Wai's Aquarium
Bay 4, 222 - 16th Ave. N.E.

HTH

Reefhawk1
11-15-2004, 03:57 AM
Thank you for the listing of stores to visit it was just what I was looking for.

Stan

Mazi79
11-26-2004, 04:59 AM
Riverfront Aquarium http://www.riverfront.ca

mr_alberta
11-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Just be careful if you go to Wai's for SPS. Last time i was there, he had a little flatworm problem. He did have very nice SPS though, but why take that risk?

Oceans is a nice store. The owner there actually talked to me rather than just ignore me like some other stores. I believe I talked to Benny that time. He also has a nice selection of corals as well.

I thought Big Al's was just like the Big Al's in Edmonton, except a lot smaller.

Gold's at the time, didn't have much SaltWater stuff, and the stuff I did see at the time was pretty standard (i.e. red mushrooms, leathers, etc). They has some nice pieces in their displays, but of course those aren't for sale.

Well that's my experience from my last trip to Calgary.