PDA

View Full Version : DOS !

kengeroo
09-28-2016, 07:59 PM
I finally grew some balls and hooked up my neptune DOSr...
easier than I thought...

what time is best to does the CAL and ALK.

I read that you should dose at night and/or when the pH is the lowest..
and the CAl during the day..

and do you folks dose all at once,, or drip it over a period of time ? assuming you're using an apex system

does it make any difference ???

warriorcookie
09-28-2016, 08:53 PM
I dose alk every hour 12am to 12pm (overnight) to help keep PH up. ca i dose 30 mins off from alk.

Not sure how much it matters, but I've heard it said before and figured why not.

Bblinks
09-29-2016, 06:09 PM
I dose 6 times a day, alk on the hour and calcium on the half hour clock. heavier on alk overnight.

Wheelman76
09-29-2016, 06:25 PM
I dose ALK on the hour and CAL on the half hour and spread it out in equal doses the whole day.

gregzz4
09-29-2016, 07:08 PM
I dose alk on even hours and ca the odd hours, spread out over the whole 24hr period
I'm not concerned about pH overnight

kengeroo
09-29-2016, 07:15 PM
what's your program look like ???
I assume you're using the OSC command...

I like the wizard how it auto calcs the dosage based on total dosage and time window..

I dose ALK on the hour and CAL on the half hour and spread it out in equal doses the whole day.

Tyfighter
09-30-2016, 05:46 AM
I followed Jess's advice on dosing. With smaller increments throughout the day you get a lot less fluctuation and it creates a much more stable environment.

kengeroo
09-30-2016, 02:33 PM
but
Q

does it put more wear and tear on the DOSr

having many events dosing little amounts...
or
should I create fewer events to does larger amounts manually

kengeroo
09-30-2016, 02:37 PM
This is the result

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160930/33ebbb123279b01cd6111dfbea2b6f35.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk

Tyfighter
09-30-2016, 02:57 PM
Other that the starting and stopping of the pump it will still be the same amount of rotations if you do it all at once or in small increments. Some people use dosing pumps with a slow drip as their ato which would be a ton of use. So I personally wouldn't worry too much about the wear and tear.

It looks like you have it set up every 10 mins roughly. I have mine set up every 30 mins alternating to give it more time for absorption before dosing the other supplement.
I think what we are all saying is to spread it out over the 24 hours be it every hour or half hour.

kengeroo
09-30-2016, 04:19 PM
yep I hear yeah,, the only way to get it to di it over 30 minute increments is to do manual programming,,,
Using the APEX wizard it auto calcs everything for you...

Here is a quote from my post regarding this on the neptune site from RussM

"""Many small doses at slowest speeds contributes to both stability and extended life of the DOS pump heads. When you use the Fusion wizard, the system uses the slowest speed it can use to accomplish the dosing configured."""" --- RussM

Other that the starting and stopping of the pump it will still be the same amount of rotations if you do it all at once or in small increments. Some people use dosing pumps with a slow drip as their ato which would be a ton of use. So I personally wouldn't worry too much about the wear and tear.

It looks like you have it set up every 10 mins roughly. I have mine set up every 30 mins alternating to give it more time for absorption before dosing the other supplement.
I think what we are all saying is to spread it out over the 24 hours be it every hour or half hour.