PDA

View Full Version : Brain died

barett82
09-28-2016, 03:25 PM
So my brain died and I don't know why. I will be getting my water checked on Sunday at the store. I have many other things in there and another brain for a few months longer and everything is happy. I literally went away for the weekend and came back and all that was left was the skeleton. Weird?? I have 2 clowns, a sailfin tang and a foxface. I am confused what happened.

Reef-Geek
09-28-2016, 05:12 PM
Is your calcium and alk in check?

warriorcookie
09-28-2016, 07:07 PM
Can you give us some more info? Do you know your water parameters (typical temp range, salinity, Alk, CA, etc)
Also, can you describe lighting, placement and flow? Was the tissue getting blown around, directly under a light or in a shadow, etc.

Sorry to hear. It sucks, but happens. Now you get to pick something new!

Stop in at Bayside Corals in stoon. Colby and Gustavo will give you great advice and have lots of quality pieces.

Myka
09-28-2016, 07:29 PM
Need some more info...a pic of your tank would be good.

What type of lights? Photoperiod? Tests for nitrate, phosphate, ca, and alk? This would be a good start.

barett82
09-28-2016, 08:00 PM
I am getting my parameters checked by a professional because I do it and they seem in the normal areas...so ill do that and get numbers.

I have 2 hydra 52s over my 120 9 inches above the water. It was in full light.

I got it from Bayside just like my other one.

Where I am confused is that EVERYTHING else in my tank, including my other brain are doing awesome! And it looked perfect, I went away for the weekend and all that was left was the skeleton. I just don't know what I did wrong if nothing else is sick or dying or anything.

Craigdillman
09-28-2016, 08:33 PM
You know what about year ago i had the exact same thing had this open brain electric green for over a year one morning it looked like it was hurt or something kinda closed up( which was rare) didn't really think anything of it check water everything good, no other issues with corals or fish

Next morning it was sloughing off tissue and a goner no idea why nothing to cause it no fish picked it or anything , i fed it couple times a week idk

I talked to some others and some say they can get a infection but I'm not sure if thats true or not

I chalked it up to some times in this hobby shit dies ..

i would double check your water and stuff to make sure nothing is array

WarDog
09-28-2016, 08:42 PM
I am very sorry to hear about Brian. I heard he was a good guy. 😅