PDA

View Full Version : FREE: brown clown goby, possibly 2 of them

Chin_Lee
11-12-2004, 02:16 AM
I have two brown clown gobies that have been in my tank for about 2 months. One of them started nipping at some acro frags very aggressively and I caught this one. The second one doesn't nip very much and i've only seen it do it once and I haven't been able to catch this one. But I would like to donate them to anybody who would like it or them if i can catch the second one tonight. Local only (Lower Mainland) because I dont wanna ship them and you pickup. PM if interested.

ridder
11-12-2004, 03:32 AM
Hi,

You have PM.

Thanks,
Ridder
:cool:

ldzielak
11-12-2004, 03:50 AM
Don't they live in Acros? Mayber he was just making a nice place to sit?

Lee

Chin_Lee
11-12-2004, 04:26 AM
Don't they live in Acros? Mayber he was just making a nice place to sit?

Lee
yeah thats what i thought reading some articles from the advanced aquarist. but this guy is definitely pulling out the polyps cuz he's happily munching on sometthing after it nips at the frag .... and no polyps left where he nipped :evil:

ldzielak
11-12-2004, 05:13 AM
yeah thats what i thought reading some articles from the advanced aquarist. but this guy is definitely pulling out the polyps cuz he's happily munching on sometthing after it nips at the frag .... and no polyps left where he nipped :evil:

Yeah they do this to make a spot to sit on, I don't think they would clean the whole thing? My black on has cleared some on a milli, but I don't really like the coral so I don't care. I have not caught or seen any damage on any other SPS he hangs out in.

Lee

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-12-2004, 05:30 AM
PM for the other if available. (Burnaby)

By the way, when I was at King Ed's last time, someone brought back a citron or yellow clown goby because it too was eating his corals. Like they say, reef-friendly is just a guide, not a law set in stone. Some fish are illiterate & didn't read that they are not supposed to behave that way :lol:

props
11-12-2004, 06:04 AM
crappy i'm in the same boat as you chin
i'll put up my for free once i catch it
its been nipping at my mille's since i put in my tank :confused:

Chin_Lee
11-12-2004, 03:17 PM
crappy i'm in the same boat as you chin
i'll put up my for free once i catch it
its been nipping at my mille's since i put in my tank :confused:

Well I've been able to catch two brown gobies in three days .... well it was actually three nights.
Jesse - try a dim flash light in pitch black room. it seems to only be able to focus on the light and not the net coming around. I had to poke it to get it to move around when its on a rock where I can't get the net. it just kept poking it (with a chopstick) and eventually they both swam out and sat on the glass and BAM ..... into a net it goes.
One fish will go to Kelly and the second to Anthony. I will PM you guys. thanks
cwlee

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-12-2004, 11:31 PM
Thanks. See you Monday 6ish? I PMed you.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-17-2004, 05:03 AM
Well Chin,

The goby's in my hex & he seems to get along with my lawnmower blenny, 2 oc.clowns & a yellow watchman goby.

Butter (the lovebird) is doing great, and having a good time flying around our place. Man, do we need to move to a bigger place. 100g, 35g, 33g, 20g, & 5g plus a cockatoo & a lovebird in a one bedroom basement suite. Thank God for a wife who loves animals (1 in a million).

She also wants a baby ferret, kitten and puppy. Yeeeesh :sad: Not till we move dear....