PDA

View Full Version : fraggin saw

gmann
09-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Hey all,

looking for feedback/ opinion on this product for fragging. Was originally leaning towards a rotary dremel, but some frags are so small I'd probably cut off my fingers in the process..

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.moto-saw-kit.1000662212.html

tang daddy
09-09-2016, 07:57 PM
It really depends what you're cutting,

Firstly if there is salt residue or liquid that penetrates the dremel it could corrode the internal parts.

Also I am not sure if these dremels have a diamond blade for cutting coral skeleton, I would imagine they do have one for doing small tile work and such.

Also you may need a jig or table cut out to rest the dremel on, I find using 2 hands to cut coral with a saw is easy but definitely can be done with one hand.

Just going by the pics of the product, haven't used one for coral, I have used dremel rotary for sawing larger coral objects but more for scoring then using coral snips to break. Need to do it in a plastic bag or coral juice which stinks lingers around the area.

whatcaneyedo
09-09-2016, 11:46 PM
I bought an Inland wet diamond band saw years ago. I don't use it very often but it works great and holds up against saltwater. Virtually anything that cuts will work though. If you're not interested in spending around $300 for a diamond bandsaw a simple cheep wet tile saw can be purchase from Princess Auto for under $100 when they're on sale. That would be a better value in my mind vs the Dremel.

gmann
09-11-2016, 04:27 AM
thanks for the advice folks