PDA

View Full Version : Clown fish laid eggs

Jackie
09-07-2016, 07:46 PM
Hi, just want to see what do you guys do when clown fish laid eggs. I just notice so it must be day one. Do you guys breed them or just let them stay in the tank and "disappear". Thanks!

Dearth
09-07-2016, 09:17 PM
When mine lay the eggs I just leave them be its free food for my fish. Some people do hatch them for sale and breeding purposes but can be a bit challenging and time consuming

Craigdillman
09-08-2016, 06:20 AM
Yup mine breed like clock work every month , just free fish food and I'm sure the anemones get to eat a few as well

Jackie
09-08-2016, 04:16 PM
I am tempted to try saving them.
An excuse to setup another tank:twised:
Anyone suggestion where to get rotifers in Calgary?

Ross
09-08-2016, 11:11 PM
I am tempted to try saving them.
An excuse to setup another tank:twised:
Anyone suggestion where to get rotifers in Calgary?

Rotifers and algae to feed them can be hard to find in Calgary.

If your serious about setting up your own rotifer breeding tank/bucket along with a nanochloropsis algae bucket, PM me and I will pass on a members username and he may be able to sell you some.

Sadly I no longer keep my supply going. Daily feedings were too much for the tank sitter while I was on vacation a few years back so they all died off.

See this link below for my efforts in breeding clowns back in 2013.
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100802

kien
09-09-2016, 05:26 AM
Ya, pretty much free food for the corals, fish and whomever else manages to snatch them up. My pair have been breeding monthly for 7 years straight now. Multiply that by the thousands of eggs that they lay, and not one single clownfish made it. The odds are not in their favour. :cry: