PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Meeting - details and directions

Reefmaster
05-05-2002, 02:06 PM
Hello All.
final details for upcoming meeting:
next saturday (the 11th) at 1:30 'ish. those coming from the mainland will likely catch the 11:00 am sailing arriving about 12:40 which gets them to my house around 1:20. those requiring rides from the ferry speak up so we can coordinate vehicles.

could i please get another show of hands of those attending so i don't end up with 30 extra hamburgers. grub will be simple - sorry jamie and taryn, i can't keep up with the dining experience you guys offered! likely burgers and smokies off the bbq. veggie types let me know so i can get tofu burgers.

i have lots of sump space so if anyone is bringing frags make sure it is in a sealable floatable container to keep the temp up.

for those who don't know where i live:
2640 Killarney Road
from the ferries, take the mckenzie exit (turn right off the highway), turn left onto mckenzie and head under the overpass, and stay on mckenzie. keep going until you pass shelbourne (now stay in left lane or you will end up in university), go past the university, the name of the road will change but don't worry, go around some corners and down a hill to a four way stop. take a right then the first left and head down toward the water. my house is on the left.

contact #'s
472-2740
812-3832 cell
no prank callers please. unless you're of the female variety! J/K!

shane

StirCrazy
05-05-2002, 03:42 PM
I'll be there Shane, and I can also pick people up at the ferry if people decided to come over as "walk on's" I can grap 3 people in total comfort and 5 a little cramped if need be.

Steve

Troy F
05-05-2002, 06:37 PM
Shane, I'll be there and will be walking on. If someone doesn't mind picking me up I'd appreciate it.

Reefmaster
05-05-2002, 10:54 PM
no problem at all troy, one of us will be there. do you know how many are travelling with you - darren? marc? jamie?

Troy F
05-06-2002, 02:46 AM
Scott was going to let me know if he was coming in a couple of days. Darren has exams to study for. As far as I know it is just me unless we hear otherwise. Hopefully there will be one or two others.

Silverfish
05-06-2002, 02:56 AM
I will be available on Saturday to pick up people at the ferry too.

I hope to have the convertable on the road this week, it is getting to be that time of year.. :cool:

canadawest
05-06-2002, 04:00 AM
I believe I will be coming over as well as a walk on. I'll know better also in a couple days.

Once I do confirm my attendance, perhaps Troy you and I (and whomever else) can carpool to save a few $$ on parking?

JoJo
05-06-2002, 09:33 PM
Hi,

Would anyone attending the meeting be willing to bring back a TWP from Christy for me. Canadawest has agreed but not 100% sure that he is going yet.
Let me know. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Danny

Reefmaster
05-07-2002, 01:32 AM
andrew - it will cost you about $30 each way just for the car. given that we can arrange rides on this side it may be a good chance to save 60 beans but up to you ;)
christy - sure, any goodies of your choice are welcome by me tongue.gif

btw, for all attending, please feel free to bring friends, girlfriends, wives, kids, dogs, cats, birds, raccoons, guinnea pigs...
shane

christyf5
05-07-2002, 04:01 AM
I'll be there too. If you need more cars to get people at the ferry (which it doesn't likely sound like it) I'll volunteer mine. Somebody let me know tho so I can leave early from here. Shane do you need anything else brought to the meeting??? Pop? Chips? Perhaps some snacks for the tour? tongue.gif

Christy smile.gif

canadawest
05-07-2002, 05:27 PM
Yeah Shane, I was thinking more about carpooling to pick up people on this side, then all walking on and getting picked up on the Island side.

That way we only pay for one car to park at the ferry terminal that day, rather than all of us driving separate cars to the ferry terminal.

My comment wasn't about carpooling to drive on. With the price of the ferries today, are you crazy? tongue.gif

PS... Danny I'll let you know tomorrow if I am going for sure, and if so I will pick up the TWP from Christy for you.

Acro
05-07-2002, 06:25 PM
Hello,

Well I just got off the phone with Taryn and she would like to come over and see some of you islanders as well. So we will be there. Were going to drive as we might motel it and spend the day in your beautiful city.

Jamie

DJ88
05-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Shane,

Depending on how well I do in 30 min on my physiscs lab midterm and then on thursday with my math midterm I may come over. If I do well that is. If I don't I'll be studying my brains out.

I'll let ya know.

Reefmaster
05-07-2002, 10:40 PM
lol, yup you did say parking, didn't you andrew. not sure what i read!
darren - physics is overrated. reefs are underrated.
shane

DJ88
05-07-2002, 10:58 PM
I know Shane,

Reefs are underrated. Big time. :D

But after this lab exam I feel like I was bent over a table and well.. umm.. you know.

SuperFudge
05-07-2002, 11:20 PM
Sorry Guys,

It looks like im going to miss another good one.
I have to work again this Saturday.

Sorry i took so long to reply,I had thought i was going to go up until yesterday.

I would still love to make a run though that area for a quick peek in the future sometime soon,if that would still be ok.

:( .

Marc.

Aquattro
05-08-2002, 12:28 AM
Marc, too bad you can't make it. Anytime you want to take a tour of the local tanks, I'm sure we can accommodate you.

One_Divided
05-08-2002, 12:50 AM
Darren, we almost stopped by today... we were right by your place, but I figured you'd be pretty busy with studying and all. good luck on those exams!.. see ya.. ;)

Good to see you're gonna make it now jamie. :D

Marc, you're always welcome here. :D

canadawest
05-09-2002, 05:54 PM
OK, I have finally confirmed that I will be able to make it this weekend.

Troy, I'll call you and we can discuss carpooling. Anyone else you know of interested in coming over from the mainland?

And Danny, yes I will pick up the TWP from Christy for you. (Christy, make sure you remind me, I'm getting old ya know!) smile.gif

sea gnome
05-10-2002, 02:32 AM
Hi, I can make it too. Christy, I live in cobble hill just off the highway, maybe we could go down together? Give me a call 743-9986. Rachel

canadawest
05-10-2002, 02:56 AM
Hey Rachel,

Let me know if you still want some Caulerpa. If so I'll bring a bag of it with me to the meeting on Saturday.

canadawest
05-10-2002, 11:49 PM
Well here are the plans...

Troy and I will be taking the 11am ferry from Tswassen to Swartz Bay, arriving around 12:35pm. Bruce, are you still able to pick us up?

Rachel, I will have some Caulerpa for you, and Christy I will be picking up the TWP for Danny from you, so remember to bring it. ;)

Looking forward to seeing you all again, hope the weather stays nice for us.

Shane, is there anything I can bring?

Silverfish
05-11-2002, 12:32 AM
Hey Andrew, I will be picking up you and Troy. I can take a couple more last minute stragglers too if needed.

See ya tomorrow!

[ 12 May 2002, 23:01: Message edited by: Silverfish ]

Reefmaster
05-11-2002, 01:32 AM
thanks andrew but unless theres something fancy you want don't worry about it. burgers/smokies beer/pop. pretty damn simple everyone so please don't be expecting fancy. i have some riding planned for the morning so won't be making my crab stuffed mushrooms this time...
shane

sea gnome
05-11-2002, 04:17 AM
Hi Canadawest, YES PLEASE. smile.gif Rachel

Acro
05-11-2002, 05:22 PM
Well I hope every one enjoys(ed) the meeting. Taryn and I missed the boat. We were #3 in the line up. So close but yet so far away. Damn, We were looking forward to this. We'll have to come over at a latter date. Don't have to much fun with out us. :mad: :mad:

Jamie