PDA

View Full Version : cleaner with ick ?

andestang
11-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Has anyone seen a cleaner shrimp get ick ? I,ve never heard of it as far as I can remember(Does'nt mean alot :confused: ) My cleaner has developed some white dots on one side of his body. Showing no signs of stress or anything yet and still eating lots.

Bob I
11-11-2004, 04:56 PM
I don't think that is possible. Remember that in a crustacean the skeleton on on the outside of the body, and the parasite would not get much nutrition from that. :biggrin:

bulletsworld
11-12-2004, 09:55 PM
I do recall reading once about a guy saying the same thing. I will see if I can find this for yeah. I think after a while it disapeared though and seems to me there was nothing he was able to do.

Ich I know never affects shrimp though.

UnderWorldAquatics
11-12-2004, 10:08 PM
could be cysts or a parasite attached under the skeleton, I have taken exacto blades to many shrimp(I slid the knife under the body shell and removed the intruding matter) could be similar to what you have, hard to tell without pics... I have never lost a shrimp due to "surgery"

Quinn
11-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Ok, the moorish idol feeding was one thing, but how on Earth do you keep a cleaner shrimp immobile?

UnderWorldAquatics
11-14-2004, 01:41 AM
once they are out of the water and they have stopped there crazy tail spaz, the lay very still usually, I just keep them on their side with a little pressure to keep them from feeling free...