PDA

View Full Version : LF: all the coral

Youngster Dan
08-23-2016, 07:02 PM
Hi There,

I'm just starting to stock up a tank at U of C and have been given a modest budget. So, I'm looking for various coral. Doesn't need to be designer or fancy, most LPS softies and a few SPS would be great.

If you have been thinking about trimming some frags, or have a colony you want to get rid of to make space shoot me a PM. I am likely to be down for any type of coral, and my set up should be able to accommodate most as well. Also, if you have any fish you are wanting to part with I would be interested in as well.

I want to avoid the store as much as possible so that I can maximize this tank with my budget, and know you guys are the place to achieve this goal!

Cheers,

Daniel

slider9969
08-24-2016, 03:48 AM
i have some smaller stuff and frags u can have cheap or free

iamfrontosa
08-24-2016, 07:52 AM
for research?

Youngster Dan
08-24-2016, 02:09 PM
i have some smaller stuff and frags u can have cheap or free

Thanks! PM sent.

for research?

Not exactly, it's for a display in a research lab. The tank was used for experiments in the past, and depending on the coral there is a possibility that some coral will be used for some genetic analysis. We mostly work on A. millepora and sometimes we dabble in Aiptasia and some Montipora species.

I don't want people to get the impression that this will be used extensively for research or education, so if I gave that impression I apologize. It will get some looks from students for sure, but it's mostly for a marine biology research lab to feel closer to the ocean in Calgary - if that's at all possible!