PDA

View Full Version : Apex wireless

Craigdillman
08-18-2016, 03:58 AM
Hey guys just made the jump from my Reefkeeper to the apex controller , what is everyone using to make this puppy wireless I don't feel like or know if I can direct connect it to Ethernet as its all the way across the house from the router

Thanks

Ps if anyone wants to come redo my wiring for me to make it look epic like some of u guys and not my rats nest theres beer involved lol

duncangweller
08-18-2016, 04:49 AM
https://www.amazon.ca/Trendnet-TEW-647GA-Wireless-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B0024G48VA

Galizio
08-19-2016, 12:53 AM
If u can get a cat5 wire be the best option, if not just a router should do the trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craigdillman
08-19-2016, 03:33 PM
Yeah ok I did some more research and ordered a range extender one so that should get me up and running , I'm sure I'll have more apex questions to come lol

kengeroo
08-19-2016, 07:01 PM
yep wired network is the best,, especially with something like the APEX...

wireless is for "good-enough"

Reyphox
01-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Save yourself the trouble and wire it. If it isn't an option, instead of an extender you can try Powerline Ethernet adaptors. They use the power lines in your home as a network cable so you are still hardlined in a sense and should a better reliability.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

whatcaneyedo
01-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Save yourself the trouble and wire it. If it isn't an option, instead of an extender you can try Powerline Ethernet adaptors. They use the power lines in your home as a network cable so you are still hardlined in a sense and should a better reliability.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thats what I am using too. I used to have a wireless adaptor for a gaming console but it only lasted a few months before dying. The Powerline adaptor has been working now for a couple of years.