PDA

View Full Version : CAS or Canada reef Website

gbeef
11-10-2004, 04:33 PM
I’m planning on developing a website for the Calgary/Alberta region. From the sounds of the pervious forums there are a lot of interested people. But before I start this monstrous task I could use the help from some volunteers. No money will be needed I will fund this project, I’m doing this out of my own pocket and time. Perhaps in the future it would be nice to have some supporters.

What I would need from volunteers
- Articles
- Newbie guides
- content (pictures)
- Cooperation of spread the word
- Moderators for the forums

This site will not be a Mickey Mouse design. It will look attractive and most important everything will be organized. I believe in helping out the reefing community and making it grow larger.

If you’re interested in helping out please email me at
jacksongee@gmail.com

danny zubot
11-11-2004, 06:51 PM
I can see from the amount of replies that people are sceptical. :rolleyes: Perhaps if you show everyone what you have so far, people might be willing to help you with your requests.

albert_dao
11-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Hey Jackson, do you have a concept that you could toss up?

Buccaneer
11-11-2004, 07:07 PM
I think what we need in Calgary anyway is not necessarily a site with a forum ( we already have Canreef :mrgreen: ) but more on the information/display end of things from a local perspective ... we are discussing this in another thread and we will be getting together fairly soon to see if we can come to a agreement as to what direction to take ... I invite you to come and discuss your ideas at that time ... we will post a meet time within the next few days ... hope to see you there.

gbeef
11-12-2004, 06:20 AM
I run this site, it my personal wesbite
http://www.rangersairsoft.com

As for layout i have some ideas but nothing is concrete, and i dont want to show halfassed work nothing good comes of it. since there was a lack of interest just doing a goof informational site. because from what ive seen out there, there is a ton of good information but alot of it inst organized or central.

maybe thats somthing ill work on first.

Fish
11-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Jackson,

I think it is really cool of you to offer your time and talents like this, I hope we can put them to good use.
I checked out your site and it really looks top notch... but... those things aren't real are they :eek: ? :razz:
By the way, how'd that sand work out for you?

- Chad

Dabbler
11-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Are those BB guns or pain ball guns?
Kool site tho

Fish
11-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Actually I was trying to figure out what the RPG shot...
Would look cool hanging on your wall though :eek:

gbeef
11-12-2004, 09:36 PM
Im a webdesigner full time and sell airsoft guns partime (yes 6mm BBs guns but the sport is played like paintball). As for the macro you gave me chad its growing wicked. I have a large block of it now it takes up half my sump. works like a charm. Im very greatful for sure.

and RPG shoots either 150BB shower at once or a large form projectile.

Quinn
11-12-2004, 11:07 PM
Nice site. You are more than qualified. :cool: I'm just getting back into Flash, working on a site for the U of L's campus radio station.

I definitely don't think we should start our own forum. Canreef is more than adequate.