PDA

View Full Version : pvc clamps

Reef-Geek
08-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Hi guys, I am setting up a new tank and wonder what's the best way to clamp PVCs to the stand?

There is at least 4 inch spaces between the PVC pipes, I was thinking of using this kind of clamps but I don't know how to fill the spaces.
http://cdn3.volusion.com/carwc.szhuu/v/vspfiles/photos/Conduit-Clamp-2T.jpg?1452149709

Also how to stabilize the PVCs that are over the sump, I saw people use some kind of chain but I don't know if that's stainless, any options are appreciated. thanks.

Slykat
08-03-2016, 12:55 AM
Check plumbing suppliers, ive used Acklands Grainger in Canada.

Reef-Geek
08-03-2016, 02:38 AM
Check plumbing suppliers, ive used Acklands Grainger in Canada.

Great, can you please let me know what clamps you are using? are there any clamps that come with a spacer?

intarsiabox
08-03-2016, 04:19 AM
What you want are called standoff pipe clamps.

Reef-Geek
08-03-2016, 07:09 PM
What you want are called standoff pipe clamps.

Great, thanks.
Do I need to get those standoff pipe clamps at plumbing stores or can I get them from HD or Rona? I did a quick search from HD&rona and don't seem to find anything similar.

intarsiabox
08-03-2016, 10:39 PM
Great, thanks.
Do I need to get those standoff pipe clamps at plumbing stores or can I get them from HD or Rona? I did a quick search from HD&rona and don't seem to find anything similar.

The plumbers I work with get them from Bartle & Gibson so I'm not 100% sure you can get them from the box stores even though the copper and abs versions are fairly common.