PDA

View Full Version : FS: Drilled and Sumped 6g Fluval Edge

reefmandan
07-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Well, it looks like I will be moving soon, so sadly this tank needs to be sold. This thing was so fun to plan and build, and is totally custom! You won't see another even close to this.

The tank is a 6g Fluval Edge with a custom (obviously) rear overflow box with a Herbie overflow, and a return line with check valve. It drains into a three compartment, 20g long sump with a huge refugium (or frag area) and then is returned to the tank through the overflow box. The return line is split and contains two union ball valves that can drive two reactors independently.

The stand is metal, skinned in an oak face that is removable and so you have complete access to the sump area.

For the tank, stand, sump and all plumbing, I'm asking $250.
The pump driving it is a Reef Octopus RODC 3500 and is dead silent! I will throw that in for an additional $125.
The light is a brand new AI Prime which I will throw in for an additional $200
I can also include either the Osmo 3152 for $100 or the Osmo 3155 for $200.

Since the return pump is way more than the tank needs, it also acts to the purpose of water movement within the tank, so the only piece of equipment you actually see in the tank is your algae scraper.

I do live in PEI, but I can easily pack this up on a small pallet and ship anywhere at buyer's expense. I have shipped things like this before, and the shipping cost isn't as bad as you might expect.

If you are local(ish), I will include all the sand and live rock as well, free of charge. There is probably about fifty pounds of rock in total.

PM for more details!
http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae120/dpgillespie/DSC_4158_zpsvkf3u6w1.jpg