PDA

View Full Version : Custom Algae Scrubbers

Alm
07-27-2016, 02:58 AM
I am offering custom algae scrubbers to anywhere in canada. Email me and we can discuss options; single lit/duel lit, surge box, clear/black acrylic, led/pc/t5, mounting options etc. Once the details are sorted you will recieve a competitive quote. Amarsden87@gmail.com

Animal-Chin
07-27-2016, 03:35 PM
It'd be cool if you could ball park a price here? What kinda of range do you sell them for?

Reeferluke
07-27-2016, 04:41 PM
It'd be cool if you could ball park a price here? What kinda of range do you sell them for?

+1

Ryanerickson
07-27-2016, 09:06 PM
I would like to see a pic please

byee
07-28-2016, 04:13 AM
I would like to see a pic please

+1 for both - pictures and pricing options

Alm
07-28-2016, 06:52 AM
Here is a very simple cheap unit i built. It is a 20" by 12" 100% clear acrylic, enclosed, single led lit unit with a removable front panel and dual drain, sized to handle equivalent of 7.5 cubes of frozen food per day based on general guidelines. Something like this of this size would cost roughly $400 including lighting or $250 without. This unit was done cost effectively to the space requirements and budget. Every unit is different and can cost from $100 to upwards of $1000 depending on size, lighting, aesthetics, flow control options, mounting equipment etc.. For a nice looking clean, black, medium size (8x8-10x10), dual led lit, fully enclosed unit with drop in spray bar and herbie drain, capable of handling an equivalent of 3-4.5 cubes per day, the price is around $540. If anyone would like a rough quote on a unit to fit their specific preferences and requirements send me an email. I will give a final quote before beginning the project once the details are sorted.

Alm
07-29-2016, 04:52 PM
The important thing to take from this is with me you pay what you want and you get what you pay for. send me an email with your budget, size requirements, feeding regime, design preference, (enclosed front access, fully enclosed top access, no enclosure etc.), and lighting preference and i can give you a rough quote to start

Mayday
07-29-2016, 08:05 PM
How do u calculate how many cubes per day it can process?

Alm
07-29-2016, 11:26 PM
General guidelines for screen sizes calculate 1 cube/day equivalent per 12 square inches of dual lit screen or 24 square inches single lit. There are various factors you need to consider to ensure your ats is tuned and running efficiently. Lighting spectrum/intensity/photoperiod, flow rate, and routine screen maintenance. I ussually provide appropriate lighting and can provide appropriate pump as well, its up to you how much you want to spend.

Alm
08-25-2016, 02:22 PM
Here is a simple base model for $100. Custom fit to any sump can be upgraded with flow control.