PDA

View Full Version : Led setting blue color ?

2bafish
07-23-2016, 03:58 PM
So I just bought 3 LED units to replace my 250 watt halides. I really like the blue look. I turned down the whites to 20% and blue at 100. The questions is will this affect growth or do any harm to the corals?? I only have lps, softies and a few RBTA. I know blue is used allot by corals but the halides were so bright compared to this setting.

Skimmer Juice
07-23-2016, 08:15 PM
I usually avoid running my leds at %100 my maxspect I max out at %90 . As for spectrum I run my kessils at %100 blue and almost full power , my maxspect I run at %90 blue %30 white for the peak cycle. Keep a mix reef with sps , lps, nems, zoas I get good growth and excellent color . And its pleasing on the eyes so my only concern with switching your lights is acclimating your corals to the switch . Led lights look darker but put out alot of power so I would keep an eye out and lower your % on the led until your corals adjust to the switch . If everything is adjusted already disregard what I just said lol :biggrin:

2bafish
07-24-2016, 08:16 PM
I usually avoid running my leds at %100 my maxspect I max out at %90 . As for spectrum I run my kessils at %100 blue and almost full power , my maxspect I run at %90 blue %30 white for the peak cycle. Keep a mix reef with sps , lps, nems, zoas I get good growth and excellent color . And its pleasing on the eyes so my only concern with switching your lights is acclimating your corals to the switch . Led lights look darker but put out alot of power so I would keep an eye out and lower your % on the led until your corals adjust to the switch . If everything is adjusted already disregard what I just said lol :biggrin:

Thanks for your input. The corals are acclimating good. I upped the white spectrums a bit.