PDA

View Full Version : Giving away live rock

Robw
11-09-2004, 02:55 AM
A friend of mine in Yellowknife is tearing down his 100 gal reef tank due to a recent crash and is looking to give away about 100 lbs of live rock. The only catch is you must be willing to pay the shipping. Arrangements can be made for shipping to Edmonton and Calgary. Points beyond that and it might get too expensive. He does/did have flat worms in the tank but they seem to have been wiped out in the recent crash. PM me if you are interested in all or part of it. He really doesn't want to chuck it into a snow bank.

Rob

Tarolisol
11-09-2004, 03:09 AM
Id be interested in half or so if someone else wants half here in calgary. Anyone know what the shipping might cost?

takphan
11-09-2004, 04:56 AM
i am also interest in getting about 50 lbs
Tarolisol, maybe we can split the shipping cost

Tak

Tarolisol
11-09-2004, 05:10 AM
would sound like a plan to me, how would you need to ship live rock? can it go ground.

AJ_77
11-09-2004, 05:38 AM
It likely could go ground, considering how severe a crash seems to have occurred. Keep in mind, it might be closer to base rock now if it suffered enough, and would need some TLC even then to get it ready to go back into a system.

Not to dissuade you though - heck, it's free! :biggrin:

Tarolisol
11-09-2004, 05:53 AM
free rock is free rock, mine will just go in a holding tank untill my new tank is ready.

Robw
11-09-2004, 03:48 PM
I will contact my friend tonight and see how he wants to arrange the shipping. If it does go by ground it will freeze and be base rock by the time it gets here. I will find out if the pods are still alive or not.

Tarolisol
11-09-2004, 05:16 PM
ok thanks, ups can ship in two days for pretty cheap if that would keep part of it alive

Robw
11-10-2004, 03:12 AM
I just spoke to my friend in Yellowknife and he is having second thoughts on tearing down the tank. Apparently the crash was not as bad as he thought. The rock is very much alive and the life covering it is recovering nicely. The mushrooms and small featherdusters are back out. He said he will sleep on it and let me know tomorrow.

Buccaneer
11-10-2004, 05:38 AM
I just spoke to my friend in Yellowknife and he is having second thoughts on tearing down the tank. Apparently the crash was not as bad as he thought. The rock is very much alive and the life covering it is recovering nicely. The mushrooms and small featherdusters are back out. He said he will sleep on it and let me know tomorrow.

Did boB move to Yellowknife and not tell us ? :razz: :rofl:

Tarolisol
11-10-2004, 06:21 AM

Did boB move to Yellowknife and not tell us ? :razz: :rofl:

haha ive only heard stories and im laughin :lol:
but if he decides to keep it thats fine no problemo.

EmilyB
11-10-2004, 06:57 AM
bwahhahahhahaha :lol:

Robw
11-10-2004, 03:21 PM
LOL :biggrin: [/quote]

Robw
11-12-2004, 03:53 AM
Well I just spoke with my friend and it looks like he has decided to keep it for now. Sorry to get everyones hopes up. I was looking forward to inheriting his corals :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-12-2004, 05:38 AM
If it's too good to be true, it probably is :lol: :lol: