PDA

View Full Version : New Tank

Murminator
11-09-2004, 02:32 AM
Lets try this again..... :redface:

I have had my 20g set up for about 2 1/2 weeks now 1 1/2 weeks with just saltwater and a week with LS and LR how soon before I can add fish & corals xenia, shrooms & zoos??

Invigor
11-09-2004, 02:35 AM
have you been monitoring ammonia and nitrite? once you see them both spike (if they do at all) then you're ok to go AFTER they spike...but go slowwwwwwwwwly with some fishes..IME corals did better with a mature setup than a new one...so get some green chromis to start off with, they're smaller and a happy go lucky fish that doesn't terrorize anyone

Murminator
11-09-2004, 03:42 AM
As of 10 mins ago...

PH 8.0
SG 1.023
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Temp 76

When should I start to see a spike?

Dez
11-09-2004, 04:22 AM
You shouldn't see a spike because you got your rock from me and it's cured completely.... You should be good to go...

des

danny zubot
11-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Do you have a reef crew yet? If you have live rock you should be able to support some crabs, snails and shrimp. I find them just as exitint to watch as my fish. I would wait on the fish any way -IMO.

I hated buying fish that were recommended just because they were easy to care for, and for what. So you have to rip you tank a part trying to catch them when you get tired of them. Be patient and wait for the fish you really want to buy. :biggrin:

Murminator
11-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Buying reef crew tonight .......AI good place? good price?

cleaner, hermits, and snails