PDA

View Full Version : Great Meeting!

Sushiman
03-25-2002, 12:24 AM
I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to come all the way to Maple Ridge! It was great to meet you all face to face, & thank you Christy for your dip, I think I ate most of it! :D Keep in touch everyone.
-Todd. tongue.gif

naesco
03-25-2002, 12:46 AM
Thanks Todd.
Christy/Adam sorry was not able to meet at 4:30. Hope you got the message. If anyone from Victoria is passing through, they can pick the detritivores up for you guys. You have my address and tel. Just email me in advance.

Troy F
03-25-2002, 12:50 AM
I'd like to apologize for missing the meeting. Scott thought it was Saturday smile.gif and we both had made plans for Sunday. Hope it was good, how many people showed up?

StirCrazy
03-25-2002, 02:01 AM
Hey Todd, just wanted to say thanks for having us.. (we just got hime at 9pm.) and naesco, yes we got your msg at J&L's thanks for calling and letting us know. once again thanks for having the meeting Todd, and let me know how many days it takes to finnish off the timbits :D

Steve

christyf5
03-25-2002, 03:15 AM
Hey Todd,
Thanks for hosting the meeting. Glad you enjoyed the dip tongue.gif It was good to see everyone.

Also thanks to Shao for the frogspawn too! Its pretty late and is still acclimating in my tank so I can't wait to see it tomorrow!

Christy smile.gif

One_Divided
03-25-2002, 03:24 AM
Hey Todd, thanks again for hosting, Your tank is lookin sweet! Sorry we couldn't stay longer.

How about some of you guys come down to the island for a meeting soon and tour a few of our tanks, have a small meeting, that sorta stuff..? I'm willing to have a few people come by.

Wayne, that's fine, I'm sure we'll have a chance to grab some bugs soon. ;)

Reefmaster
03-26-2002, 02:39 AM
adam
thats something i've wanted to bring up, even if it is mostly islanders, to have a meet and greet at my house. those from the mainland that wanted to come over could do so - heck, i could accommodate maybe 4 or 6 if they were ok with a couch or floor, or 100 if they are ok with tenting! if we shoot for a weekend in may maybe i'll go set the prawn/crab trap the night before and we'll make it a REAL marine fest!

Sushiman
03-26-2002, 02:47 AM
somebody set a date....I'm outa timbits! :eek:

Sushiman
03-26-2002, 02:48 AM
...the guys at J&L said everything would go fine as long as there was food... :D
Feed them & they will come....

[ 25 March 2002, 22:54: Message edited by: Sushiman ]

canadawest
03-26-2002, 05:09 PM
The guys at J&L also believe that the reef club will last no longer than a year, and will have the same political demise as previous ones.

I do hope that we can establish a formal club but without getting too political. As long as we keep having fun, food, conversation and trading I think we'll last a very long time.

I'll be ready to host in May/June when the weather is nicer and we can enjoy my back deck and BBQ again! :D

One_Divided
03-26-2002, 07:31 PM
Sounds good Shane, even if we can even get a car load of people from the mainland and most of the islanders, it should be a good turn out..

Let me know if u need any help organising things if you egt serious about the idea..

StirCrazy
03-26-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Reefmaster:
if we shoot for a weekend in may maybe i'll go set the prawn/crab trap the night before and we'll make it a REAL marine fest!<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I got 2 comercial crab traps and a couple little ones if we got enuf licences we can set them all smile.gif I am thinkingof setting mine at rocky point this weekend actualy smile.gif

Steve

Troy F
03-26-2002, 08:58 PM
Hope it was good, how many people showed up?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just in case you guys just didn't notice my question. If you are ignoring me, carry on smile.gif .

christyf5
03-26-2002, 09:35 PM
Troy, how could we ever ignore you? ;)
I think there were about 11 people all together. At one point there were more islanders than mainlanders which I found kinda funny.

Christy smile.gif

Silverfish
03-26-2002, 11:17 PM
Hi everyone, sounds like I missed a great meeting.

Shane, I like your idea, I also happen to have a fishing license. ;) :D

I am looking forward to an Island meeting, if possible a tank tour would be fun too!

Troy F
03-27-2002, 02:32 AM
Thanks Christy.

I think a trip over to your side would be fun. Why don't we try set it up.

One_Divided
03-28-2002, 04:50 AM
Well let's figure out a date and let the planning begin then. Up to you Shane.. I'm willing to have a few people come by and see my system before or after the meeting as well.

Reefmaster
03-28-2002, 10:44 PM
ok lets make it happen then. i will look at the calendar and come up with a date and start a new thread. looking like it'll be in may, but not likely the long weekend, unless mainlanders wanted an island getaway, mon!

StirCrazy
03-28-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by canadawest:
The guys at J&L also believe that the reef club will last no longer than a year, and will have the same political demise as previous ones.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">what happened to the old one?

Steve

One_Divided
03-29-2002, 04:03 AM
May sounds good.. that'll give plenty of time to get things together.. I spoke to Kora at hillside and she said she will let me put up a poster regarding a reefclub/meeting and tell a few new local reefers about it.

canadawest
03-29-2002, 08:04 PM
I'm no authority, as I wasn't involved in previous Vancouver Reef Clubs, but from the people I have spoken to that have been members, apparently the clubs got too political, too structured, too much work, and people just stopped having fun with the "hobby".

I guess differences in opinions, philosophies, and whatever else eventually led to fewer members, fewer meetings and ultimately the death of the club.

Oddly enough some of the people who remember the past clubs and were members are still key contributors to the hobby today. I know that John and his wife Lisa (J&L) were active members, as were Tim and his wife Pat (Seacare) as well as Mike over at Petland, and some others.