PDA

View Full Version : What is on my flame angelfish?

JB83
07-07-2016, 05:30 AM
Any help with what is on the body and fin of my flame? Can only have been there for a day or two max. Sorry about the bad photos. Just using an iPhone and a fish that won't stop swimming.

patpare
07-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Looks like ich!
But I might be wrong

Craigdillman
07-07-2016, 03:07 PM
if its just that one fish and that one spot it could be flukes or it could be a bite from another fish ? any aggressive fish toward it>? need a better picture to confirm google some picture os fish disease and compare

:)

JB83
07-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Trying the best images with imagr maybe they will work better.
https://m.imgur.com/a/ubjRw

Craigdillman
07-07-2016, 03:14 PM
ok doesn't look like ich too big to be, looks like either flukes ( does it look like stuff is coming out of or hanging off fish?) or it could be trauma from a fight or tight squeeze

JB83
07-07-2016, 03:16 PM
doesn't look like anything is coming off of him. looks like a little cotton piece almost with a slight blue dot in the middle.

Haven't seen any of the fish attach each other before and have been together for about 4 months now. they do like to try and squeeze through the rock work a lot.

Craigdillman
07-07-2016, 03:20 PM
i would leave it and see how it goes , as long as he is still swimming good and eating should heal on his own its its trauma, if it looks like flukes u can take him out and use prazipro that works pretty good

JB83
07-07-2016, 03:53 PM
awesome! thank you for the info Craigdillman. he was eating and swimming like he always does yesterday, so will give him a day or two and see. hopefully he just rubbed up against a rock to tight.

Myka
07-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Going by the photo, and it's really not very good as noted, I'm thinking it may be a couple flukes or isopods which are very common with Angelfish. The treatment would be PraziPro. A freshwater dip would confirm as the "bugs" will usually fall off. Fw dip isn't considered a cure though.